help

GoldenMotor.com

demon

Jun 2, 2010
pa
i cant get my clutch to the point where i can peddle. i tightened the nut on the hand grip and tightened spring bar. what am i doing wrong??

also my throttle wont spin back. i checked the bottom of the cable whre the spring is, that seems fine.????

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
#1: Are you able to push that bar on your motor to the point where the clutch dis-engages? If so, push it to that point and adjust the bar. If not, pull off the big cover on the other side and loosen that wierd looking nut (flower nut) a turn or so if it isn't already backed out all the way. If that doesn't work, you gotta see this post and make a run to the hardware store.

The clutch should be only engaged when the handlebar lever is fully released. Even pulling on it just a tad should take it out of gear, since the auto-lock feature results in the lever being just barely pulled in.

#2: This could be for a lot of reasons, did you just build the bike? It's real easy to kink that cable, it doesn't like to be wrapped around handlebars or your frame too many times. You can try greasing it, but cutting it to size would make it soo much better. Run to Walmart and get the bike cable kit which comes with 4 reasonable length cables of better quality than those that come with the kit with all the end pieces and whatnot you need. Cut it to size using a dremmel or air compressor cutting tool, wire cutters will cut them really crappy and it's real hard to do. To make a small tip to fit into the throttle (since you're going to be cutting one end off), either buy the tips separately at a bike shop or do what I do and just melt a gob of solder to the end and shape it like the old tip with a file. Holds a lot better than you'd think.