high idle..???

GoldenMotor.com

doublezo

May 3, 2009
sacto
hello, i just added the new speed carb. so far so good. the only thing i cannot figure out is how to lower the idle speed. the idle screw doesnt seem to do anything for it. the motor is running very good (but idles high) and ive also made sure there are no leaks. ive moved the c clip around and runs best on the second notch from the top. any thoughts? thanks.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Does your carb slide go up and down smoothly when twisting the throttle?

You can see the carb slide with the aircleaner off and look into the carb when twisting throttle. Also make sure you throttle cable is not tied too tight to the frame or sharp bends which will make the idle higher.

doublezo

May 3, 2009
sacto
everything moves correct. maybe im just not used to the new carb and how high it idles? its not like screaming high, but just alot higher than the stock carb. the mixture screw or whatever it is doesnt do anything, all the way in or out. i put the new speed carb on my bike and left all of the cable adjustments,( at top of carb and at throttle handle) the same as they were . maybe i should try to adjust there but i dont think it would help. any more thoughts????

Last edited:

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Hi I have the new speed carb and mine is doing the very same things pluse a few others having to do with being at over 8000 feet. It would be nice to be able to lower the idle.

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
My Speed card was doing the same thing high idle.
The e clip was set at the top groove.
Moved it to center groove problem solved.
Good luck with yours.