500 Lumen light under $10. RECHARGABLE :D

GoldenMotor.com

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
Maybe not but with the generator from the previos post you would be able to use other lights. Iv'e been thinking high output 12v fog lights from the auto store.

What you guys think?

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
You don't want your lights to be TOO bright either. Blinding the guy in front of you is a bad.

Personally, I'd redirect that extra power for a Peltier-plate beer cooler =]

Last edited:

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
Be aware that light burn gas if run off a magneto or wheel generator. It would be easy to cut your MPG in half or down to 1/3 with a really bright light.

matukash

Nov 29, 2009
florida
Well I am using one now... But i use an cheap COSTCO batteries.. There are fourty-eight (48) Batteries an they are 1.5V so I need only 8 of them to get 12 V. I then hang a photocamera case and put these batteries in there.. Superb! You have a powerful light and hidden batteries!dnutdnut

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I bought a 18v cordless hedge trimmer with 1 hour quick charger for $45 from walmart.
I'm the one that saids to use a cordless drill battery in all the posts(same battery).
so im using the battery,charger,and i cut the handle cradle part off the hedge trimmer for the battery to lock into on my bike. Im using a 12v car clearance light bulb for my headlight and a 12v red trailer dome light for taillight. (lights are hooked together in series to = 24v's. Battery is 2years old works like new keeps lights lit for many hours and is cheap to replace but never had to. The 12 volt car bulbs are cheap to replace to.

I may look for 18v bulbs so i can hook the lights up regular. but if you bought a 12v battery you could hook up the car light bulbs up regular.

Last edited:

matukash

Nov 29, 2009
florida
Yeah, cabinfever, thats a good way.. i'LL TRY TO MAKE ONE.. oH BY THE WAY CAN YOU SEND ME THE LINK OF WALMART WEBSITE WITH THAT TRIMMER?