Sprocket for chainsaw bike

GoldenMotor.com

rocksalt27

Oct 24, 2013
Portland, ME
I'm currently using a bike chain for my chainsaw bike build. But is there any wheel sprocket that will work with a chainsaw chain? Keep in mind how the chain and sprocket are different on a chainsaw. The sprocket that is made for a saw is too small to fit on a wheel. I just need something larger.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
No there isn't a sprocket that will fit it. The best thing is to take the clutch apart and have a regular #41 chain sprocket fitted to the clutch and then run the #41 chain on the bike. You may have to find a machinist to do that,and you can get sprockets at any farm supply...............Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Be kind of tight for the chain to go around,stressing it, as a tad small, but ya that's Kool and should work................Curt

brooks578

May 8, 2022
There are two main types of drive sprockets used on chainsaws. One is the "spur" style (marked A in the image) and the other, the floating sprocket system (marked B).

WEEDHOPPER

May 8, 2022
Greenville Sc
I have a chainsaw that I attached a predator style centrifugal clutch to the shaft
I just fitted a bushing onto the shaft and drilled set screws all the way through