Where to buy jet valves?

GoldenMotor.com

Riverdales27

Mar 20, 2015
USA
I bought some NT main jets from sickbikeparts. I unscrewed the stock jet, and started screwing in the jets from sbp but it won't go all the way in unless I use a flat head screw driver. Now it won't unscrew and it started to strip. I'm thinking of just buying several valves and screwing in the rest of the jets to each one. I'm on ebay but can't find any, if anyone can help me out please.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Not sure what you're talking about as there are no valves in the carb as far as fuel and jetting is concerned, if you're talking about the fuel tube the jet screws into, I hadn't seen any sold individually... also, there are more than a few different carb options for these bikes and some use the 5mm thread size jets while others use the bigger 6mm threads. The nt carbs use the 5mm jets and the cns uses the 6mm. The Dellorto carbs use 5mm and most of their clones are 5mm but I've seen 6mm jets in some of the clones so it can be tricky to get the right jet.
What some of us do is solder the hole shut in the jet then re drill them with small drill bits, usually in the 70 to 73 drill size range. If your jet is stuck in the tube and stripped or about to strip your best bet is to replace the carb, if nothing else, to get a new tube, but might as well use the whole carb, get the right size jets, and start over, but you could remove the tube with the jet installed and solder the jet then redrill.
With the nt and nt speed carbs costing under $20 I would recommend a new carb, you could spring for a Dax RT carb for better performance for around $27 if you want trouble free performance. Personally I would stay away from the cns carb, there are other carbs out there that'll out perform it and they're easier to tune.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I had one stuck once-
Hold the jet tube with a small wrench and loosen the jet using small vise grips. The end has enough flat surface to get ahold of it. The Dellorto jets' threads aren't exactly perfect matches for the NT, but they can be used.
Good luck!

Riverdales27

Mar 20, 2015
USA
only called it a valve because of a topic i read about basics on carburetors and thats what it said on the pic. http://tinyurl.com/ov28tfh

yeah, you're right about the threads not exactly perfect. the sbp jet threads seemed thinner/finer then the stock jet thread. The only thing stripping is the jet where I put the flat head in, the actual hole is fine. I know the soldering always get suggested but its out for me. There's still a handful of people who just want to be able to upgrade parts by unscrewing/screwing things in.

I'll probably get another nt carburetor, I doubt I'll gain any significant performance on an expensive carb unless I do actual modifications. I already hit a top speed of 40 mph on my bike.

Though if anyone has any unused nt carbs that will be willing to send me the tube I need, I'll pay for it.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm running the jets from SBP in my NT Speed carb. They are a little 'tight' just before they fully seat. I've changed 'em several times and the carb threads still look OK. However, it was a little disconcerting the first time I cinched one of them down.

Good luck in your project!