My 1st.build 29"Onyx Houndtooth

GoldenMotor.com

SANDSA

Aug 7, 2013
MA.
I loved building this bike,thanks to all on this site for the tips & ideas.
29"onyx, 2 stroke,Manic Hub adapter,Front suspension w/disc.stock Ht motor polished matched ports,changed all hardware/studs,pipe wrap,custom back rack fuel tank,Houndtooth pattern graphics.

Attachments

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
A fine looking machine!

I've considered building a 29'er. I guess the only thing that's stopped me is that the small horde of spare parts I have is all 26 inch stuff. No doubt some parts would cross over.

SANDSA

Aug 7, 2013
MA.
Thank you Goat,
There was some unexpected issues that arose,like the stock handle bars were too thick.I couldn't get the throttle to fit on.The new bars feel better though.The bike rides way to high,I had to raise the seat up to get clearance for the back rack/tank.I'm still thinking of a better way so the fuel line /valve is not so close to fender.The stock seat would've given me about half inch more,but it was hard & ugly.The front forks were a challenging install,Ihad to rely on my friend "JB weld".Actually the price was right ,free is the key.I made friends with the assembler kid at walmart,he had a pile of bike parts in back.He was saying that customers would come from the city and buy a bike and ride it through the weekend enjoying the country side.When they were done they would kick in the spokes and return it,dragging it in to the store,and still get full refund,saying the bike is crap.There attitude is ,all those large corporations have billions I deserve a free ride..I dont know..

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Wow!

I've never heard of that particular scam. But it doesn't surprise me.

What does puzzle me, though, is the question; don't these people have any self-respect?

I could not do such a thing and still think of myself as an upstanding type. You can't cheat and be respectable.

I guess these folks think that they really can have it both ways. As long as they don't get caught. And when they do get caught, they might be able to save the situation by putting blame on the one who caught them.

And they can still look in the mirror without cringing? Incredible.

But I'm beginning to rant. I guess that's off-topic. But this sort of stuff is an example of the main reason that I've been withdrawing from the human race in recent decades. I've gotten sick of their antics.

SANDSA

Aug 7, 2013
MA.
I know..very sad...It's not only bicycles,they scam all kinds of sporting goods,tents.ect.That's one of the main reasons that some walmarts dont even stock kayaks.What gets me is they can always find a justification and feel good about it.They will get theirs some way or another...Karma Cancer..anyway,,,There are still some good people around,their just harder to find.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Nice ride SANDSA, looks like you did a awesome build.

I like to go fishing on my Motorized bike. I am not much of a fisherman its more of an excuse for me to get out of the house and ride my bike. I'd like to try some fly fishing one of these days.

Attachments

SANDSA

Aug 7, 2013
MA.
Nice Dave!!Looks like you got all you need for fishing.I grew up in NE Phoenix,the fishing wasnt all that great,unless I climbed up north.Here in north central MA.we have tuns of lakes & rivers to choose.My flyfishing set up is for bass,fun stuff.Use 2 rods ..1 sinking 1 floating line.I tie my own flys/bugs ..bass are not picky,the're hungry.You should try flyfishing it's challenging,the best way to learn is out on a row boat or something,you need plenty of room for casting.Once you get the hang of it you'll love it..... Yeah it's getting hard too keep up with ALL my hobbies lately.I've got spring.summer winter and fall hobbies..Building that bike was last winter/spring time to think about building #2 for my wife,the skipper~.hehe .. BTW awesome exhaust on that MT build.nice job~

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Nice build! I really like the tank location. Those 29" wheels are great at rolling over everything, perfect for a motorized bike I think.