2-stroke Surley Instgator Mule

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Those are 160mm rotors and they came with the stand-offs.

That's the biggest the HY/RD hybrid hydraulic/cable caliper would take.
http://trpbrakes.com/category.php?productid=1198&catid=206

The thing has a top speed of 15MPH, more than enough Berry berry good brakes ;-}
15 mile an hour max speed? huh. I thought you had gears. Do you only sell to customers that just wanna go slow? Do gotta apologize I was thinking of your other machine with the really tiny rotors. Those brakes do look better!

I was referring to this one. I bet you do like those brakes better on the machine you are refering to above. Sure at 15 mph I could prolly just drag my feet lol.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
15 mile an hour max speed? huh. I thought you had gears. Do you only sell to customers that just wanna go slow?
Hehehe, ya, I just build the slow stuff ;-}

Actually it is excruciating to test ride a bike this slow on flat paved road but that is not what the customer designed it for, in fact it can't make one of the dirt hills with a switchback without some pedal help so he wants more power.

Do gotta apologize I was thinking of your other machine with the really tiny rotors. Those brakes do look better!

I was referring to this one. I bet you do like those brakes better on the machine you are refering to above. Sure at 15 mph I could prolly just drag my feet lol.

I still have the electric fat tire, blew the Kelly controller twice so I'm looking for a bigger one to try.
It'll be getting bigger discs as well, 180 front and 160 rear as they are independent most likely but I don't know what the calipers will take.

Got to make it go again before I worry about making it stop better ;-}