Vintage Cruiser Handlebars

GoldenMotor.com

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
As cool as this looks...

I've found that the board track posture is not for me, at least not for more than a few minutes at a time, and I've been transitioning equipment to something more like this.

Anyone know of a source for handlebars? I'm currently thinking of cutting and extending.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thats what I did for the cruiser version of the Pope build. I got some old Torington cycle truck bars off the "bay" and had a welder dude I know put a crossbar on it. I then sourced / made some internal diameter tubing for internal bracing then external same gauge and diameter tubing for extending the bars back. I think these are the exact same bars: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-Cyc...ar-Post-War-Torrington-NOS-Rare-/121129861733 Hard to see the crossbar in the pic but its there.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Agreed, 1960’s vintage Schwinn middleweight cruiser bars have the right proportions & are the right scale- Just extend them the length of your grips & add a 1/2” cross bar.

That's how I used them on my retro build.

-Kirk

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Notice how close the bars to the stem in the first picture? were can one get stems like that,what bike had them?............Curt