finally finished....

GoldenMotor.com

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Well guys.... I have to say thanks!

After a long summer, and a crapy one at that, I have the bike finally done. I am coming up on my third tank through her and she is running great now. I had to get a new cylinder, as my old one stripped out by the muffler. Ended up getting a 36 tooth sproket adapter, and made some idlers out of skateboard wheels. After the first tank was through and good I started to ride the bike to work, apx 10 miles one way. On my third trip I got to the half way point and noticed something was wet on my legs. I passed it off as rain, though after riding a while and not noticing a wet road I started to wonder.

Turns out it was the gas tank..... I had two small holes on each of the front tank bolts. So wrote the bike off and was ready to sell it to a buddy and just be done with it.

He was able to find a spare tank. Got everything back together and ended up taking her for a ride around town monday morning. And well....yeah I am not going to sell her now.

Every time I ride her I have a blast, and want to keep on riding.

So thanks for all the tips and help, though I haven't talked much lately. You guys have helped me keep another expensive hobby going :D

And now a picture of my lady......she is running great now with the new tank and the few extras I have on her.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Thanks guys. The one arm I have actually turned into a bullpup, and it fits in my riding pack now. So just grab some pellets, toss the rifle in the bag and go for a ride.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Nice build. Old Marines like me love the crossed rifles.
Can you post a photo showing how you handled the rear motor mount on that stretch bike?