loop tube/boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
question...does anyone sell a lower tube shaped already for converting a worksman to a board tracker?

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
Not likely. In order to construct a frame with somewhat authentic dimensions, it needs to be stretched a few inches. This means extending or replacing all three tubes, not just the bottom tube.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
i see what you mean wret.......not a good idea id say. reason I asked was theres a new worksman here for sale and i was gonna buy it and try to sell the frame, figuring it may need that...maybe left unaltered is better.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Racie, you can "cheat" like I did on the Worksman frame. Yes, you have to extend the frame 5"-6", but for the loop section an early 1950's Schwinn girls bike will fit the bill. I picked one up for about $30, cut out the loop section and it fits the Worksman like it was made for it. I admit it isn't as neat looking as a custom drop loop frame, but much easier and cheaper if you don't have the ability to bend the tubing yourself. There is some info on my build that Silverbear helped me with in the thread" Worksman.EZM Stretch. It'll give you enough room for a 4-stroke if you wish to go that way. Hope it helps.

Dan

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I have found some interesting conduit bent tubing of different diameters

found them at the scrap metal yard but I would think they are stock supply house items also some sleeve coupling/connectors with two set screws on either side of the coupling

hope it may help

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Racie, you can "cheat" like I did on the Worksman frame. Yes, you have to extend the frame 5"-6", but for the loop section an early 1950's Schwinn girls bike will fit the bill. I picked one up for about $30, cut out the loop section and it fits the Worksman like it was made for it. I admit it isn't as neat looking as a custom drop loop frame, but much easier and cheaper if you don't have the ability to bend the tubing yourself. There is some info on my build that Silverbear helped me with in the thread" Worksman.EZM Stretch. It'll give you enough room for a 4-stroke if you wish to go that way. Hope it helps.

Dan
I also used a front down tube from a girls Schwinn (60's if I remember right) on a worksman frame, but without stretching the frame. The different shape to the downtube opened things up enough to make a big difference. Stock, the worksman frame is a tight fit for even a china girl engine. With the alteration fasteddy & I fit a 1934 Sachs 2 speed 98CC motorcycle engine into the frame.
SB