what do i need for a 4 stroke bike?

GoldenMotor.com

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
i'm considering building a bike again, bigbutterbean mentioned the 4 stroke route.

i don't think i got the tools or experience for one, but just out of curiosity, if i were to buy a worksman inb, and a predator motor what else would i need to make it come together?

also i got a sprocket adapter for the cb-110 hub from sportscarpat (if i remember the part number correctly that worksman uses of course), i would like to reuse if possible, thanks.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Hey Matt
Havnt seen too many 4 strokes on an unmodified workman frames. But a good old Schwinn frame is an excellent choice. Besides it's not too much to build up a frame from scratch once you start swapping out parts. I can help you find one.
An excellent choice for a 4 stoke first build is an EZ motorbike tranny ( I got mine from JBcruisin) with a hf 79 or a hs 50 if you are worried about the cc's . The EZ is a bolt on trans unit. You already have an adapter? You can get the correct tooth count sprocket that will work with the sportsman adapter and most coasters brakes are shimano style and that's what the cruisers use . I'd get a front drum wheel as well.
You can buy a mount for the four stroke but 2 pcs of angle from home depot is a lot cheaper
Get a good set of forks like the felts (if you can find them) or the Monarks
Whizzer wide cranks.
And the rest is the same as the last bike you built. Let me know if you need help.

Last edited:

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
i'm considering building a bike again, bigbutterbean mentioned the 4 stroke route.

i don't think i got the tools or experience for one, but just out of curiosity, if i were to buy a worksman inb, and a predator motor what else would i need to make it come together?

also i got a sprocket adapter for the cb-110 hub from sportscarpat (if i remember the part number correctly that worksman uses of course), i would like to reuse if possible, thanks.
4 storke because more tourq on the low end meaning better take offs.. tapers off on the high end so dont expect a rocket for a bike.. good for hill pulling.. uses gas instead of spending 5 bucks for the mix oil..

and there is more options like cvt's jackshafts..

2 strokes are cheap and desisnged for transportation in china then they decided or one american went over there saw them said hey and here we are..

but 4 storkes are better...they wer eused back in the 40's on bikes some had 2 stroke.. 2 stroke has a higher top end.. burns more fuel since it fires every time than a 4