Felt 99cc build

GoldenMotor.com

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill
Thanks all! I am pulling the bike apart to get a quality coating done on the frame. I'd had good luck with this paint in black, but they white has proven to be less than ideal. I've need to make some changes here and there (nit pick stuff) and get the other parts on (freewheel, chain, etc..). Past that it'll be keep it to spin around the block occationally or sell it if someone really gains interest. I'll post pictures up when it's all done and back together. FYI, it funs fantastic and is suprisingly fast.

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill
Update if anyone cares to know:

Clocked it at 38 mph. It's on a stock rod and I don't know my RPM so I am not pushing it. Cruizes easy at 30 all damn day long. It's very confortable, no real vibes per se (it has a range where the motor shimmys a bit from a dead stop) but while cruising it lacks that buzzing that can wear on your hands...and brain. It's got good torque and I love the thumper sound the 99cc has. Good times. I'll post the only short video that I have when it uploads.

Tuning notes: I bought a richer jet to accomodate the air and exhaust upgrade. It runs fat with this set up. Went to the stock jet, perfect plug coloration. I know these aren't perfect science carbs, so just note your set up when getting it dailed in. Also, leaning towards a tighter the lash = happier motor. I had hot set it initially to .005 but it is most happy on a hot lash setting on a tight .004. At .006 it did not have a healthy mid range personality. Just my $.02 as I am sure each motor may and could be different.

Last edited:

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
i was wondering if you could rig up a autometer one for a car i like manual gauges :)
If by "manual" you mean cable drive, I can't find one anywhere that sells Autometer brand for cars. They do make one for Jr. Dragsters which use Briggs 5 horse singles, but they're expensive and require battery power.

The AGK one would be a better choice.

MHF