Nt Speed Carburetor from zoom

GoldenMotor.com

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
hi all just sold my zoom 80 cc with bike and purchased a new bike motor kit ect. got it all up and runing great , when i purchased the 80cc kit from zoom they had an option for the nt Speed Carburetor for an extra $15 bux so i took it , it is located here Zoombicycles NT 80cc Speed Carburetor | Performance Parts | Parts and Accessories | EHBC Distributors Ltd

when i star the bik i have to have the choke in the up poisition then it starts to bog so i move it all the way down and i fly she runs smooth with no problems , but when i stop and start to go again it bogs out and wants to almost stall so i have to move the choke back up all the way and it goes a bit then bogs so i move it all the way down again and its fine untill i stop or slow down alot.

any idea what might be causing this ?

i have no air leaks , my line is full of gas, i tried loosening my gas cap as well it didint help at all. not really sure what to try next and appreciate any help i can get ...

MIke

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
do you have the stock airbox and filter on the new carb? I had a similar problem and after trying everything all it was is that the engine was running too lean so I put on the factory airbox and filter and it fixed it completely.
Other than that.... because your problem sounds like its only at 1/4 to half throttle and it runs fine at WOT, try moving the c-clip on the needle to other positions as the needle controls fuel flow up to 3/4 throttle. Also check for air leaks? Dont give up on the Speed carb tho as from what I understand they are a great carb once its dialed in, and can improve your engine greatly.
-Dan

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
i was useing stock air filter on it yes the squareish red one as showin in my 1st link , i tried 2 notches down on the c-clip as well as it was running verry lean , but neither made a difference.

air leaks i have none i am always carefull and make sure to seal everything the best i can :)

i guess i'lll have to try the filter from a stock carb on the nt speed carb and see if that helps at all , not sure why it would tho as from what i can its just the shape thats different . thanks for tips and the reply , trull appreciate it !

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I think you are not warming up the engine. It should start firing and trying to start on full choke, then run at 1/2 choke for a minute under load, then run ok. If the weather is cold outside, it may take longer to warm up, like a couple miles.

I used to drive 2 miles to work on mine, and sometimes would just barely get it warmed up fully by the time I got there.

www.cowboy

Jun 1, 2011
Columbia Falls, Montana
I have the same carb. These carbs are cold blooded. On my morning comute (45 deg temp) it will take up to 2 miles for the carb to run decent without the choke partially on. Compare that to a CNS carb - bike ran so bad it could not even go 2 miles. Take the bike for a couple of mile ride and see how she does.
.rd.