Schwinn Jaguar build

GoldenMotor.com

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
Just got done building this Schwinn Jaguar today. Ported the intake manifold to match the head and also ported the exhaust pipe inlet to match the head. Just added a few new pictures of the porting job I did to the intake and exhaust. I engine so much better than my other bike with a non ported engine installed. The power comes on much faster and smoother. Going to do the same to my Panama Jack Huffy beach cruizer...HUGE DIFFERENCE!http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/shft.gif

Attachments

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Jags are great bikes to motorize!! (I've built many of them.)
Here's a little tip... Move the twist gear shifter to the left side of the handlebars & use a dual pull brake lever on the right side! ;)

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
Never thought of moving the shifter to the left side, great tip! And yea a dual brake lever is a must, sucks havin a clutch and brake on the same side!

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
I made a poor mans high flow air cleaner, it really works and you can actually hear the carb sucking air! The engine wants to run so much faster but I guess there is a rev limiter to keep all the parts together..wee.

Attachments

Last edited:

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
Great looking, very inspirational porting. What did you use to do the grinding and how much time did it take?
I used a snap on porting tool, I use to be a mechanic back about 10 years ago and still have my full tool box, here is a picture of the tool. I is a Solid carbide burr set air powered and did the job in 15 min. for both the intake and exhaust, cut that metal like butter.

Attachments

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
Got my new carb today and installed it right before dark. It ran ok but will have to play around with the needle and clip positions, feels like leaning out on top end, needs to be one or two positions richer with the clip. Notice the vent tubes exiting out through the bottom of the frame.

Attachments

clark

Dec 4, 2010
waterville me
ive got a schwinn del mar im building, but my engine chain keeps lockin up...is this a clutch issue and how do i fix it? any help would be great. im a newb

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wow, just noticed how old this thread is before I posted a reply. I'm still a Jaguar fan. I have two and they have served me well. One even has the original tires that came on it. One was stripped and repainted and yes, I did some porting too. A really smooth bike and comfy with a lay-back seat post or an extended seat back over the rear wheel.
Somewhere there is a thread that I put together with several Jaguar examples built by members. It is a good foundation for a motorized bicycle but does take a little fabrication for the front engine mount. Thanks for reminding us that even a cheap ($149.00) department store bike can be a good one.
As for moving the shifter. I just move mine inboard on the right handlebar. There's plenty of room and one of my Jags I even cut 2 1/2" off the bars. No real need to relocate it to the left side. The shifter can be moved by simply loosening the set screw and sliding it inboard all the way to the first bend.

Tom

mr.charlie

Jul 27, 2010
tavares florida "lake county"
Wow, just noticed how old this thread is before I posted a reply. I'm still a Jaguar fan. I have two and they have served me well. One even has the original tires that came on it. One was stripped and repainted and yes, I did some porting too. A really smooth bike and comfy with a lay-back seat post or an extended seat back over the rear wheel.
Somewhere there is a thread that I put together with several Jaguar examples built by members. It is a good foundation for a motorized bicycle but does take a little fabrication for the front engine mount. Thanks for reminding us that even a cheap ($149.00) department store bike can be a good one.
As for moving the shifter. I just move mine inboard on the right handlebar. There's plenty of room and one of my Jags I even cut 2 1/2" off the bars. No real need to relocate it to the left side. The shifter can be moved by simply loosening the set screw and sliding it inboard all the way to the first bend.

Tom
YIKE'S.........thers that word again!.....cheap........jus bustin!...lol..yada yada..i'll be on the prowl tmorow A. M. as its "post weekend -failed to sell garage sale -get it to the dump day!"......never in my wildest dreams did i ever think i'd join that fraternity!......PHIND BETTA THAN BUY...did i just make that up?..........way too much caffiene.....the jaguar opens up another possible theme bike to build...ala jacksonville nfl jags........