Walking on the bike trail

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Add a few pictures and it would be better than much of what's on prime time TV!

Now there is a left handed compliment if I ever heard one.

Today my old homeless buddy was gone before I could get to the trail. If he was there at all his shift ended before I finally made it down slightly afternoon. I did meet a couple pushing a baby carriage. When I spoke the man didn't say anything and the woman looked spacey. I think they must have been from some Western European country. We seem to be getting a few Ukrainians these days.

As usual there were a couple of teenaged boys. Not the same ones mind you but there are always one or two walking the trail to get from one place to another. Since I rode in the heat of the day on a day that looked like rain, the trail was pretty empty. Makes for excellent riding though. And yes I should throw the camera in with me. I promise I'm going to charge it up and take it with me tomorrow morning honest.

It was so dark and gloomy that I didn't shoot the paper negative today. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
was just kidding if it ever stops raining I am going to go shoot the trail. What was the song like that about the kid at summer camp when it rained every day

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
These are images from the trail as it was today a little dark and over cast. Run them as a slide show is probably best
ImageShack Album - 17 images

By setting the throttle just enough to pull the power trailer I pedal some. I could be on a stationary bike somewhere watching tv or out in the fresh air seeing this, Plus it's a great help with my balance.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
It really is a great ride. If I ever get the battery thing straight I will ride more of it. Now I do about four miles and have some power left just in case. If I can get the power at about six miles comfortably, I might take on part two of the trail. It goes on for mile and miles but I don't have the juice to do it all.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I am really, really upset with the university here. The greenway walking/bike trail runs though their campus. It crosses a road that leads into the campus. It has always been a rear entrance to the campus hardly ever used by anyone.

For the last two weeks they have had the road closed for repairs. Of course I could take the bike over the broken pavement. It was an inconvenience but doable until today. Today they had heavy equipment blocking the entrance to the trail. So I had to turn around.

I have two complaints with them. One there is an alternate way to the trail through on of their parking lots that runs along the trail also. But for some reason they locked their gate which would have allowed this to be used. No idea why they are being so disrespectful of the locals.

My second complaint is that they put a guard shack at the new entrance on that seldom used road. Which means that they plan to make it a major entrance into the school. Traffic is going to increase making the crossing of that road extremely dangerous with college kids buzzing up and down it. Nothing I can do but fume lol.