Google Adds On The Left & Right???

GoldenMotor.com

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
They come around every so often when the progressive girl goes on brake..
Seriously I wouldn't want my kid clicking on that it would just get him going in the wrong direction.. I'm no prude just saying.

Adam

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
yea - 'cept for there shouldn't be anything other than the vendor ads, our sponsors are all bicycle related...

I'd bet it's your browser choice.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Dunno whatcha got fer a browser but;

Hmm... while we're on the topic I'd like to recommend NoScript: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722 for anyone runnin' Firefox, that in combo with Adblock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865 and you'll not be bogged down with alla that silly (and marginally dangerous) script & ad spam.

Both are reputable & free ofc. Good stuff ;)

If yer still runnin' IE... well *shrug* Firefox Browser | Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox | Free Download lol

edit: if anyone wants help w/the above plugins, feel free to PM me. They're easy tho, you'll find you'll just need remember to "allow" scripts/ads ifn ya wanna see 'em - such as our wonderful forum sponsors :D

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
Thanks for the quick replies I'm not computer savvy so I will deal with my browser cause I have no clue what it is.

You may lock this useless thread if you need :oops:

Thanks again,

Adam

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
... a quick tip tho for those that may not know, a "script" in 'puterese means "a program or sequence of instructions that is interpreted or carried out by another program" such as your browser. So if you block them with the Firefox NoScript plugin above - you may experience some problems... logging into this forum as an example.

Yet given some scripts are dangerous (and more of them all the time), hidden away in what appears to be a benign ad or site and can/will soil yer 'puter with unmentionables - it's well worth the effort to add this security feature. When you encounter a block on something needful & isn't hostile - all you need do is right click and "allow motorbicycling.com" or w/e it may be and it'll refresh the page with that script unblocked.

Given a lil time it becomes less and less intrusive as it "remembers" your trusted sites :)

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Gofast ... I think you have a good point.

Barely ... thanks for a solution.

I think it's great this site is so family-friendly and would like to see it stay that way. Great site!
Take a bow Paul & Mod's. (^)

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
adam when you see it again pm me the address of the add and i will block it. the ads are different everywhere and i can block which ones show. thank you for bringing this up
paul