Where can I buy it?

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Did your kit come with the tool like this tool? If you don't have this tool ? I forgot to ask you if ya had this tool sorry. Most all these China kits I have seen come with this tool.

It will pop the sprocket off like you do three piece crank arms. The same place that has the sprocket offers the tool. I have poped those off before with out the tool with two identical broad lipped pry bars before the real trick is to pry it off even . The best way is with the tool though.

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Get a punch borrow somebody for an extra hand . Gently pry up on the said sprocket evenly. While someone hits the drive shaft shaft dead center with a punch it shocks it all at once and it will pop off [take extra care not to damage any threads] . Old lawn mower fly wheel trick, works on steering wheels too but not all off em [cars]. Pm me if you got questions good luck!

maximillian

Jan 17, 2010
seattle
Ok i got it off with that tool and it worked fine. When i get the new sprocket, should i just tap it in lightly with a hammer? thanks-max

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Just use the nut and bump the nut tight with the wrench. What you are after now is to get the chain started you will notice that a wrench or socket what ever you are using will try to turn the motor. At this point run the chain on turning the sprocket [nut]. Last when the chain is on the weight of the bike and holding things still give the nut a good snugging your are done.

The compression of the engine might fight you getting the nut to turn the sprocket just pull the spark plug out it will turn easier

Don-not loose that small key way it is very important and fun little bugger to get back in there .

Last edited:

maximillian

Jan 17, 2010
seattle
Ok cool. Yeah i did lose that key at first but i eventually found it. I found that by putting the right size cylindrical socket between the teeth of the gear and the bolt thread stopped the gear from turning. I did the dumbest thing...when i broke my old engine, i threw it away (very pissed) without thinking to remove the drive gear.

-max