Made the change...

GoldenMotor.com

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Been working on a 4 stroke for almost a year with just putting on about 15 miles on the engine in that time. With the rough running transfer system on the Grubee transmission throwing keys whenever it's engaged...broke down & bought an 80cc 2 stroke from Bikeberry.com about an hour ago to be able to keep from having to drive my 4.9 L Ford F-150 as much. Whenever I start making some more money...want to hook a belt drive system to the 4 stroke.

My question is about 2 stroke oil. I help mow yards between subbing jobs & run a 2 stroke weedeater trimmer. My buddy asked me about the type of oil to use & the only answer I had was 2 stroke. On the weedeater & my 2 stroke engine...can we use the same oil on both...only with different mixes? My buddy got a gallon of Penzoil 2 stroke oil & a 16 oz container of synthetic. We want to find something readily available nationally at any auto parts store...big box store or possibly hardware store.

I fully understand this maybe a simple question...but couldn't seem to find any answer...except for snowmobiles & such.

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
Avoid snowmobile and outboard oil, as its a lil different for liquid cooled any weedwacker oil brand will be fine. just break it in with regular 2 stroke oil before goingg synthetic> I am not going to post ratios or brands here as I dont want to start a pissin contest. If you want to know what I prefer to run just PM me.r.ly.