broken moter mount

GoldenMotor.com

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
How far is the stud inside the threads? Probably be better to get a replacement motor through one of the vendors here or on Ebay for about $60 bucks rather than rebuilding.

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
Thanks evey one i decided to pulll one of my studes out of my old engine and putit in there as much as i couled . someone told me that it could be fixed useing some type of weld in town so i'll take it up there and see what thay can do for me . i took it for a ride to day and it held up . but i probly wont take it till i get it fixed .. what is a helicoil ?
the stude is still holding in there tight.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Thanks evey one i decided to pulll one of my studes out of my old engine and putit in there as much as i couled . someone told me that it could be fixed useing some type of weld in town so i'll take it up there and see what thay can do for me . i took it for a ride to day and it held up . but i probly wont take it till i get it fixed .. what is a helicoil ?
the stude is still holding in there tight.
Yes take your motor to someone who knows how to weld aluminum this way you can be sure for a safe ride.If they can't do anything,I would suggest a new motor or kit.You defiantly wouldn't want to take any chances of the stud breaking all the way threw while traveling down the road at 20+ mph from the motors force.

Nerevar

Oct 9, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
Here's a tip when you remount the engine. Make sure that the frame tubes of the bike are flush with the inside of the engine side of the mount. NO GAPS! I was running into this same problem, I broke 2 sets of studs like that... I was lucky the motor mount itself didn't break. Since then, I remounted and made sure that the bike frame was snug against the inside of the mount, and i've been running strong even off road, and no signs of mount or stud stress.