I know I'm getting old

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I woke up this morning and for the first time admitted, I do not want to ride my bike today.. Yes, and the only reason is that it is 17 degrees and will reach a high of only 35 degrees. Two years ago I would have waited anxiously for it to hit thirty five, if only for a minute, so that I could take off. This morning I am just thankful that I don't HAVE to go anywhere. If my wife wants to go anywhere I will ride with her, but I personally will be content to sit and drink coffee all day. I might break down and make some hot chocolate, just for a change of pace.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Deacon just smart not old.We had a snow today and 23 deg.Harleys mom had a great idea that we get two horses out and ride the hill place and look at the cows.I put my foot down and said no,i wear the pants in this family...I won we are going after lunch.Harleys Dad

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Okay, I have learned a lesson today. I will never made such foolish statements again. ... right... I had to go to the post office and the deaconess has a nasty little virus given to her by a grand baby.

So I pulled out the newest of the ebikes and got about half a block. It has some kind of elec problem of course. The second one just zipped right on up to the post office Where I got to stand in this long line. It was thirty and sunny, so I managed to survive the ride. Actually it was kind of fun. I did wear my ski mask lol. I'm sure the cops have been called at least once today.

I built the bikes so I could keep my independence, even if I can't drive. Guess what it worked perfectly. If, God forbid, I were alone, I could make it to the grocery store a while longer. I live in the ideal place for an ebike. Everything I really need is within range. I mean within range with almost no pedaling. Not like those yahoos say in the ads. You know where the bike gets twenty miles. Then in fine print it says, if you pedal your butt off.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
Must be nice! 90% of the times I first awake I feel like I'm go to die until that first half hour or so has elapsed. After that is overwith I have yet to feel like I would rather drive or walk instead of ride. Of course I am still very young..trk

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Deacon I'm a bit younger than you and I still don't ride when it is that cold! Of course I am a total cold weather wimp which is why I live in Arizona.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Turned out to be to cold.I told H.M.i just wanted to stay home.So after we left the mall i said i want soup for dinner and she said thats a great idea.While cooking a couple of stakes on the grill in 24deg.cold i came in to a bowl of hot soup out of a can.I GUESS I SHOWED HER.PS.Cows in the morning,if i try to put my foot down again i might step in a cow pie.H.D.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
reminds me of a Sargent I once had in a foreign country. He told me that he got a dear john but he showed her. He just went out and contracted an unmentionable disease. That was long before aids.

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
I know what you mean about getting old. Things hurt as much in the morning as they do at night and the cold only makes it worse. I now know why old people retire to Florida. As far as keeping peace in the home, I will quote the great philosopher Jeff Foxworthy.
"If she aint happy, you aint happy and if she aint happy long enough, you'll be unhappy with half your stuff."

Jim

Reactions: tommygunn1488

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I know I'm getting old. I'm an early riser and usually on the computer all morning. My sweetie always wakes up after me, comes downstairs and while I'm still on the computer reminds me every morning how old I am by kissing the bald spot on my head...