My Mountain turned Krusier...

GoldenMotor.com

mtn bike cruiser

Aug 30, 2011
Hampton, GA
I'm going to show my wife your bike pics. Maybe get the blessing for a little extra cash ;)
I hear ya buddy. My wife as put me on a spending diet for a little while.. lol
Especially with Chirstmas coming up, and to its hunting season, so Ill be taking a break from the bike until hunting season is over.

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
I did a very similar build... I'm just waiting on a monarch springer fork! Can't wait to have some sort of suspension lol! Ill try and post a pic when I get home.. I just can't do it from my phone..

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
Ok so here is mine, minus the fork and hub i'm waiting for let me know what u think! it wouldn't let me up load the newest pic with a gallon tank on it but ill work on it.

Attachments

mtn bike cruiser

Aug 30, 2011
Hampton, GA
Ok so here is mine, minus the fork and hub i'm waiting for let me know what u think! it wouldn't let me up load the newest pic with a gallon tank on it but ill work on it.
You're headed in the right direction, what size frame do you have? My bike actually looks lower now than it did with the stock forks on it. Plus my frame is a 17in frame, so I guess that helps make it look lower

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
You're headed in the right direction, what size frame do you have? My bike actually looks lower now than it did with the stock forks on it. Plus my frame is a 17in frame, so I guess that helps make it look lower
Yea mine is a 21" old ass huffy... it was my dads bike that was rode only a few times since like 93', up untill 2 yrs ago when i got back into riding lol... then i decided to put a motor of some kind on last dec been loving it ever since!!!! i love how these kits can become wonderful "werks in progress" lol.shft.
.xx.

mtn bike cruiser

Aug 30, 2011
Hampton, GA
Yea mine is a 21" old ass huffy... it was my dads bike that was rode only a few times since like 93', up untill 2 yrs ago when i got back into riding lol... then i decided to put a motor of some kind on last dec been loving it ever since!!!! i love how these kits can become wonderful "werks in progress" lol.shft.
.xx.
Yea I wouldn't know that, since I have yet to buy a motor. But its hunting season now, so the bike will be on the back burner for now, until hunting season is over :)

.trk

mtn bike cruiser

Aug 30, 2011
Hampton, GA
Bike wants to pull to the right when riding.

Can anyone tell me why my bike wants to pull to the right? The front wheel looks be trued within the forks, but when I ride it wants to pull the right. Can anyone help me on this?

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
Re: Bike wants to pull to the right when riding.

Can anyone tell me why my bike wants to pull to the right? The front wheel looks be trued within the forks, but when I ride it wants to pull the right. Can anyone help me on this?
Does this happen when u are breaking or just riding

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
How would I know if its fitted correctly?
Ok well first off if u can ur goin to want to elevate ur bike.... On a bike wrk stand would be best but ive used a couple of latters and a 2x4 if one isn't available lol...
Then I would just turn the handler bars back and forth to c if there are any stiff spots.... Also check for play as if it weren't tightened enough.. If it is one of thoes things I would take it apart regrease the bearings and make sure that when reassembling make sure its straight in the head set while and during tightning it back down... Also it might be easier if the frame was flipped upside down... Hope this helped a lil

mtn bike cruiser

Aug 30, 2011
Hampton, GA
Ok well first off if u can ur goin to want to elevate ur bike.... On a bike wrk stand would be best but ive used a couple of latters and a 2x4 if one isn't available lol...
Then I would just turn the handler bars back and forth to c if there are any stiff spots.... Also check for play as if it weren't tightened enough.. If it is one of thoes things I would take it apart regrease the bearings and make sure that when reassembling make sure its straight in the head set while and during tightning it back down... Also it might be easier if the frame was flipped upside down... Hope this helped a lil
Ok, Thanks for the info. i did regrease the bearings when I installed the springer. The forks rotate super easy. As far as play in the headset, there is none. could it be that the wheel needs to be trued? it does have a little wobble to it.

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
Ok, Thanks for the info. i did regrease the bearings when I installed the springer. The forks rotate super easy. As far as play in the headset, there is none. could it be that the wheel needs to be trued? it does have a little wobble to it.
I guess it could be un tru..but also now that I think of it I may have read some where that the springer fork does have a wobbly feel to it. I'm not sure...but there are tons of threads out there that can help, try doin a custom google search at the top off this fourm