Removing stickers

GoldenMotor.com

benutne

Apr 22, 2011
Spfd
I've got a bike I'd like to completely debadge. Just some junker Roadmaster. But the stickers are really not easy to remove. They tear often and leave behind a lot of gunk. What is the best way to remove the stickers without completely ruining the paint?

daRog

Apr 15, 2011
California
I used a propane torch to heat the stickers just until they were soft then peeled them off. The residual glue comes off with Goo Gone.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Yeppers. I also have used a hair dryer and carefully, WD40. The warm gets em off and the WD gets the junk left over.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Lighter fluid or paint thinner for the glue. I like a hard plastic edge for scraping the actual label, no worries about scratching the paint. Heat gun/hair dryer is a good idea!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I use lighter fluid and or gasoline (not 2 cycle mixed).
I do too for the adhesive, but they most likely won't touch the decal itself. I just recently have a riding mower that the plastic name plate was loose "Murry"...one the hood. I peeled it off (both sides) and grabbed the first thing to remove the adhesive. It was my mix container. Total removal.

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I peel the stickers off best I can, then use automotive adhesive remover (3M brand) to remove the rest of the adhesive without damaging the paint. Stuff works great. Wear rubber gloves.