How do I get rid my my motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

smokinbenrage

May 18, 2008
Hey guys,

I have had it with this whole motorized bicycle thing. Everyday something goes wrong with my engine or bike. I have spent more time fixing it than riding it. I have had it for about 2 months and have been able to ride it without problems for a grand total of 3 times... whoopie!:-||:-||:-|| Does anyone know where I can unload my entire motorized bicycle?

Thanks,

Ben

smokinbenrage

May 18, 2008
Re: How do I get rid my my MB

I have had a few hours to cool down from my previous rant about getting rid of my MB... kinda funny how cleaning locker rooms and toilets will calm a guy down! (overnight part time job) I have decided to take a few days off from working on the MB (its a love/hate thing... Love riding it, Hate fixing it!) I have decided not to sell the MB and instead I am going to try and find a complete set of high quality replacement hardware (bolts, nuts). I think if I replace all of the hardware with better quality parts, that will cut down on a lot of the problems I am having.

Sorry for getting your hopes up about getting a new MB

Thanks,

Ben

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Now that's the ticket!! I read your post earlier and had to take off before I could post anything, but that's what I was going to say. Take a little break for a little while.
Remember, any help you need is just a post away. You may not get a answer right away, but someone will help out the best they can.

:ride2:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

Working on mine is as much therapy as riding it. Mine doesn't break any more, but always something to add.

Put a rack on tonight, went out back and had a fire with the girls, came back to post here. Tomorrow I'm gonna work out a different/second silencer.

smokinbenrage

May 18, 2008

I want to thank all of you guys and girls who give us mechanically uninclined people the support we need to get thru the tough times we may have with our MB's... it means so much that we have juch a supportive group here at motorbicycling.com

THANK YOU!!!! (^)

-Ben-

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

I had a benrage moment just now.....I was painting my frame and I (a guy who has painted EVERYTHING) went back to do a second coat and it was all checked! I don't know what went wrong, but this morning I sanded it all down and sprayed it again....AND IT CHECKED AGAIN!!!!!

No I have a few hour set back, and I don't know why the paint is so screwed up....It was Krylon, and I'm not buying more of it.

crabdance

May 16, 2008

Hang in there smokin'. Look at things like I'm trying to... You will get better at stuff as time goes on and fixing things won't be that big of a deal. I'm new to this stuff. Don't even have mine running yet (waiting on muffler), but I know that I will have to run into the same kind of problems that everyone else has. I intend to "baby" this mb to death. No hot roding or anything. I have this huge fear of having to work too much on the bike. I am not mechanically inclined and will have to learn everything from the ground floor up. But every time you learn something you get better at the whole thing. I have to look at it that way otherwise I would go nuts.

Just hang in there man. Just think of the joy of riding and how the little things you have to learn along the way are worth it. The more you learn, the less will happen. I'm even worried about riding my bike because I think; "oh no... I put this thing together!" (well with some help).

Try to stay on the positive side and when I get frustrated you can throw this up in my face and tell me the same thing :). We who are not mechanically inclined need to stick together! Hang in there man!

cd

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008

I have a huge list of things I do to a new kit. Since I've started doing this and taking 12 hours to do an install with many minor tweaks, my engines have been extremely reliable and my last failure was a pedal falling off. I broke my own rule and didn't loctite it. When I have time, I will post my list of things to do before install.

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa

Hey guys,

I have had it with this whole MB thing. Everyday something goes wrong with my engine or bike. I have spent more time fixing it than riding it. I have had it for about 2 months and have been able to ride it without problems for a grand total of 3 times... whoopie!:-||:-||:-|| Does anyone know where I can unload my entire MB?

Thanks,

Ben
You sound like Mopedamater79, how about instead of selling it, you just get a gf like me?? Worked for him. hehehe

-Mopedamater79's gf

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

Ah is the gf a master mechanic
or did he just trash the bike and ride with her. Or did she teach him patience. Im really curious.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

beaker

Jun 14, 2008

I had a benrage moment just now.....I was painting my frame and I (a guy who has painted EVERYTHING) went back to do a second coat and it was all checked! I don't know what went wrong, but this morning I sanded it all down and sprayed it again....AND IT CHECKED AGAIN!!!!!

No I have a few hour set back, and I don't know why the paint is so screwed up....It was Krylon, and I'm not buying more of it.
I would think it's too late to help you, but the checking is likely due to contamination OR incompatible paint. Don't know what to do besides primer it before the paint fo rincompatibility, but you may want to sand, then wipe everything down with laquer thinner, or alcohol to make sure there isn't any contamination.

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa

Ah is the gf a master mechanic
or did he just trash the bike and ride with her. Or did she teach him patience. Im really curious.
I'm no master, not in the least bit, but i've been able to do my fair share of things on the bike he couldn't figure out, and he was also at the point of getting rid of it saying "he didn't want it anymore because he was working on it more then riding it"... my post was more or less a joke but thats kinda the story behind it.

--Mopedamauter79's gf