How would describe the HT China Girl Motorized Bicycle?

GoldenMotor.com

How would you describe th HT China girl?

• Replaceable

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Repairable

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Disposable

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Beyond expectations

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Simply annoying

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Hopelessly unreliable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Re: How would describe the HT China Girl?

As I have said before, In MY Opinion, these engines are the most damn fun I have ever had for the Money! I have installed ten and just ordered four more and have still yet to get a real lemon!
Yes, some have run smoother and quieter than others, but for the money I have been completely satisfied.
I used to be into old muscle cars. Now there is a hobby that is not only frustrateing, but will also keep you broke, or damn close to it.

John

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas

My HT makes a lot of random noises and I've had my share of minor problems but nothing has been insurmountable. It's a great way to stay occupied during college when many other people are drinking until drunk and doing drugs. Finals are keeping me busy now but I will return afterwards to continue work on my HT! I'm going to order another kit before they ban them and get one running at my house.

saulsvilleb

Sep 2, 2009
WVa

My HT makes a lot of random noises and I've had my share of minor problems but nothing has been insurmountable. It's a great way to stay occupied during college when many other people are drinking until drunk and doing drugs. Finals are keeping me busy now but I will return afterwards to continue work on my HT! I'm going to order another kit before they ban them and get one running at my house.
I believe these kits are great,really impressed with the first kit so I eventually purchased 9 more. I vote way beyond expectation

twowheeledfox

Oct 21, 2009
Houston TX

I would say for all HTs, cheap and tuneable.

They are not just bolt on things, even if your motor and cables/controls are perfect the chain is very annoying to set up and adjust, particularly the first time. Even the jackshaft requires adjustment to get it working properly, but not nearly as much trouble as I've had with the chain. And that doesn't count to numerous common issues with the killswitch, magneto, carb, cooling, balancing, clutch, included controls, and mounting. What can be said is while you can have a million problems, they are not all likely to be in the same box. An HT with a magneto problem will not likely also have a clutch problem etc.

If you have at least a basic mechanical knowledge, know how to check and fix problems with anything the kit comes with, and have some time, they are great little engines, and the peak output with simple tuning is high (5-6hp and at least 3lbs-ft of torque), not counting what you can get if you invest. When paired with the jackshaft it's a good starter motorbike as well.

You can build a working moped with gears for about $350 with an "80cc" HT, including headlights, a mirror and dual-brakes. Try that with four-strokes or better out-of-box engines.

BOREDTrackRacer

Nov 10, 2009
Los Angeles

I think if you take the proper precautions with mounting (replacing with american bolts and lock-tite) and not running or building a reliable chain tensioner, they can be rather reliable. However, most people won't do this and the motor is bound to rattle off at some point.

pnz

Aug 19, 2009
Rosedale, Ca.

I like my little china girl. Yes she can be a little unreliable at times.
If I wanted something more reliable I would have bought a motorcycle.
What I like is it is repairable and after that replaceable.
When you see a car, motorcycle broke down on the side of the road and waiting for a tow truck. Disconnecting the drive chain and pedaling home is great.