Flower Nut retaining screw

GoldenMotor.com

thatguyjay

Nov 27, 2012
Sacramento
Please forgive me if this has been covered before, I did a search but didn't quite find an answer. It also doesn't look like any of the suppliers include this part in their clutch kits.

I made a clutch adjustment and I guess the set-screw wasn't put back tight enough because it's lost, and the flower nut grinded it's way almost all the way through the clutch cover.

I tried a bunch of little screws I have on hand but they are all too small. What can I use as a replacement for a lost flower nut set screw?

Thank you for all your help guys.

Here's a pic just for kicks too.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You can get a replacement flower nut from one of our motor kit vendors on this site or sometimes EBay. Use a little JB weld to patch your clutch cover.

thatguyjay

Nov 27, 2012
Sacramento
Thanks for the reply. I thought I was clear, but what I lost was the retaining screw, not the flower nut it's self. I found out from another post that it's a 4mm screw so I'm going to try one from the hardware store. I will update the thread if it worked or not!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
the screw from the clutch cable nipple should fit it, and maybe those long screws from the CDI bracket could also be cut shorter to fit