first ride!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Hi everyone,

Well, it finally happened. I made my first ride on my bike. I still don't have my muffler yet and I just used the straight part of the pipe but I did it anyway. It was SO fun. My heart is still pounding. I know that most people say don't run it with just a straight pipe but I talked to someone last night that said if you don't run it for a long time and/or hot rod it that it would be ok. I kept my speed slow and didn't go too far for my first time.

Boy I am just excited! I can't believe how much fun it actually was. This engine really wants to get up and go. I caught myself going 25 several times and had to slow down because I didn't want to go that fast (with the pipe and all). I was so hyped about going out that I forgot my gloves and my helmet. Just completely forgot about them. Plus I was in shorts and deck shoes and a t-shirt. Perfect riding attire.. lol.

Would someone tell me that it's okay to ride my bike just a little until my muffler comes (this Tuesday)? I don't want to harm my engine, but I loved riding the bike. I only ran it for about 10 minutes and that was it. I would love to be able to ride it more but I'm afraid to.... Some one help a brother out and give me some advice.

Oh... and the best thing about my first ride? Nothing fell off or came loose. Yea!

cd

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Good job Crab! Glad you rode around...no take a pill and wait 2 more days...you're going to piss off your neighbors without a muffler on it...I"m sure you can run it though...just keep under 20mph. Once you put the muffler on, you will lose some performance...so don't get yourself used to it. :)

Post a pic of your bike, man! :)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If it got you home and didn't blow I would say go for it. I have run lots of engines without a muffler. they sound like crap but they run. Don't you remember straight pipes from the fifties and sixties. Nobody I know ever blew an engine. But my god sear earplugs,

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Running it without the muffler will give you better power some places in the rpm range, worse in others, but it won't ruin your engine.

It will piss off your neighbors.