gas tank of pvc?

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Hi I just got a bike the owner claimed the gas tank got stolen off of. It's pure homemade problem is I need to build a new tank.

I was thinking what are the pros and cons of pvc I prefer a full threaded system two holes have to be made in the base of the tank to install lines like a weed eater where they just drill holes and stick it in the tank.

Attachments

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Several on here have built/used tanks made of PVC pipe and fittings. All have worked just fine to my recollection.

Best of luck in your venture!

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Several on here have built/used tanks made of PVC pipe and fittings. All have worked just fine to my recollection.

Best of luck in your venture!

OK last but not least anyone use true fuel in their bikes 50:1 suzuki guys say something about 40:1 when the oem oil pump bypasses it changes to 50:1

This will be first time starting it today, has no appearance leaks by ear so rings are good I did on the other hand have to retighten the exhaust the brakes also need finishing up not sure rather to use the engine brakes or the schwinn front brake

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I use the 'fuel in a can' at 50:1 when I take my bike to another state (the fuel travels better in the car). When at home, I use 50:1 Echo oil. (I did my break-in at 32:1.....though everyone has a different thought on the whole thing.)

Guess I'm confused about the "engine brakes"........... Caliper front brakes are a good idea.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
I use the 'fuel in a can' at 50:1 when I take my bike to another state (the fuel travels better in the car). When at home, I use 50:1 Echo oil. (I did my break-in at 32:1.....though everyone has a different thought on the whole thing.)

Guess I'm confused about the "engine brakes"........... Caliper front brakes are a good idea.

I have cataliver brakes in the front basic rim friction as far as engine braking goes on my paticular engine which came off a suzuki fa50 towny has a drum on it which was cut off the rim and a sprocket was welded there but the brakes are still intact. Just feel safer with central braking bad is the bike is not a coaster as the rear rim sprocket has been spot welded as well for direct drive.