Need bolt that holds air filter and carb 4stroke 49cc

GoldenMotor.com

colt505

Mar 8, 2017
TN
I have a Huasheng 49cc 4 stroke motor and I took of the carb because gas there was a over flow issue and I was attempting to fix that which I don't know if I did. But as I was tighting the 1 of the 2 bolts that hold in the air filter and carb and I tightened it to much and the head snapped off. I checked around the local stores and could not find anything similar. Emailed bike berry and I've yet to get response. If anyone could tell me where I could buy a replacement bolt or atleast something similar that would work that'd be great.

colt505

Mar 8, 2017
TN
Can we get a picture of the still intact bolt? I probably have a bolt that would work, I'd be happy to mail it to you or try to come up with an alternative solution.
I uploaded 3 pics of the bolt when on the post but I'm assuming you can see any of them. I attached a the photos to this reply so hopefully you can see picture. Appreciate the help and response.

Attachments

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
I don't have anything similar in my random bolts collection, but there's a specialty hardware store near me that might have it. If you can figure out the size and thread pitch I'll look for you next time I'm over there, which should be within a few days.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I have a Huasheng 49cc 4 stroke motor and I took of the carb because gas there was a over flow issue and I was attempting to fix that which I don't know if I did. But as I was tighting the 1 of the 2 bolts that hold in the air filter and carb and I tightened it to much and the head snapped off. I checked around the local stores and could not find anything similar. Emailed bike berry and I've yet to get response. If anyone could tell me where I could buy a replacement bolt or atleast something
Go to an authorized Honda lawnmower shop.
Tell them you have a Honda GXH 50 and want to buy the bolt.
They will probably have to order it.
Honda GXH 50 cc is not very common.
A lot of the parts are interchangeable.

Do not tell them you have a Huasheng clone of a Honda.

http://www.bicycle-engines.com are good people to buy parts for your motor.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
If the thread and length of the bolt can be found in a HW store it might work out OK. Not sure the shoulder is important, think just as long as the length and enough threads as needed. The head if different may not matter either. A fender washer of the right inner and outer diameter could be added if needed too. I always prefer allen wrench drive bolts if I switch, not as likely to round off heads by accident. Ebay sellers have a lot of stuff you may want to check out. I worked on a old Chinese 4 stroke Coleman Gen Set and got the magneto for cheap on Ebay. Probably have all kinds of parts for your engine hopefully too. The carb my Coleman Gen Set has screws like the ones in the picture you show, but they were much shorter.