Help, Clutch Needs Help!

GoldenMotor.com

[email protected]

May 14, 2008
hEY gUYS,
I got trouble! I hope someone heard of this or knows of it.
Where the clutch cable hooks to the lever that works the clutch? Well I guess theres a pin or tension ring of some type that holds the lever and post assembly down? I see that there islike a lathe groove in the round downward post and in the case that holds it all together there is a hole that maybe a holding ring of some type?
Al I know is yesterday, coming to a stop the clutch cable went limp like something snapped I stopped let the motor putter to a stop and saw that the clutch lever was up about 1/2" and pointing out toward the pedals I could just lift it free, So I took the cable off, cover off, slide the lever in put it all back together and started wandering what the ****? this can happen all the time! Now it does! I don't remember there being a tension ring in there, but had to be something and I would;d hate to have this little lever fling up out and crack up the whole dam motor housing, Now of course when everythibg was running so good!!! But hey isn't that when sht HAPPENS
HELP PLEASE BEFORE I REALLY SCREW IT UP,
TOM

[email protected]

P.S SORRY GUYS ABOUT THE LONG POSTS BUT I TRY TO FULLY DESCRIBE WHAT I DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND, BUT THANKS FOR BEING HERE^5

[email protected]

May 14, 2008
I thought so, any idea what I could use as a fix for this instead of ordering what would probably be half the motor?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Anything that will fit in there...you can buy roll pins at any hardware store for a quarter.
It goes inside the cover and is pretty small. You could use some JB Weld and put about anything close to the right size in there.

[email protected]

May 14, 2008
AHHH got it! Thanks, the whole where the pin goes is kinda opened up and scored so I wasn't sure if it belonged there or something came through it but its still in tact enough to get a roll pin in! I used a piece of spring off of the front hand brake pads from a 10 speed almost perfect diameter had to grind just a bit but perfect thing I think stainless spring steel? If alls cool tomorrow I am takin a 50 mile round trip!.
See that this page is really great, who knows what I would have tried? Thanks again for this forum and hope I can help someone> I am working on making an exspansion chamber like the one I had for my moped back in the 80's I think it gave it more horse pwr , but sounded really cool! I am a welder and have all the equip. so I am dying to start customizing something! So far I made a kick stand , but any cool ideas are welcome and if it works I'll post pics!

Last edited: