LF's Buggy Bike got a CVT today!!

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Duane sent me the upgraded bearings along with a shaft and hardware. THANKS DUANE!!

Freewheel sprocket 16T. I ended up using a 1/2 copper pipe cut lenghtwise and cut about an
inch for the 15mm to 1/2 inch adfapter. Lowes just gave it to me after they cut it it was too short to get a price! So after I cut it lenghtwise and fit it over my jack shaft the adaptor fit in there
snug! So I'm just sitting here by my computer right now but I will get out there and work on my trike today.
I'll also work on making my wheel sprocket more true. I think the guy that welded my plate
made it not so true so I can adapt by playing with the washers. And even if I can't get it perfect
I can also adapt with a wider #40 chain to compensate.
But if you want to duplicate this on a trike the rag joint sprocket would do well here. I just needed my drum brake and a rag joint too small.
It should be all set up by the end of today. Riding video soon to follow.
YAY! Titan CVT FREEWHEEL!!
It's gonna rule.

Attachments

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Couple of video's here.

This video is basically a walk thru on my set up. The epic win here was that the freewheel sprocket and the CVT sprocket couldn't be more lined up. In fact it's so lined up I used a BMX chain to link it up. Then to tighten it down just slide the engine forward or back.

It's almost like it was meant to be.
There's other stuff here too like that CVT adjustment nut and the #40 chain to help compensate the not so perfectly aligned wheel sprocket.

YouTube - BuggyBike

And here's my riding video.

It's really slow when your climbing a small hill and although it's fast enough on the top end I could do with a not so low bottom end so a 14T sprocket may be idea. I'm 280 pounds so my 115 pound son I'm sure could get that CVT in top gear with that 14t he already can do it effortlessly with that 16t.
Notice too the sheer epic win of that freewheel.
Sorry my finger cut off this video but I got enough to show you guys the gearing and stuff.

YouTube - BB ride

To be honest,the verdict is still out on this puppy. That 14T should make a world of difference. With the 14T I could probably keep up with scooters!

Right now with the 16T it's great on the low end when you want to crawl like when I ride in my back lawn with my dogs chasing me but when you want to accelerate I have to almost be at WOT just to get moving.

Money's always tight. I'll report again when I get that 14T.