• other

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I'll let you guys choose.

#1) Royal Enfield flat olive drab (Always wanted one)

#2) Yamaha bolt R-Spec (I have one, it looks cool, just don't know how good this bike will look in that scheme)

#3) Satin black with red pin stripes (Tried and true, but not different)

#4) Other (Write in what you think would look cool)

And a picture of the subject:

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Red on black, like the Batmobile. I like Royal Enfield's Desert Storm paint job over the olive drab.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
can't go wrong with red on black, yellow on black, or lime green on black... I'm doing my latest project lime green on black and was going to keep it secret until I finished the painting part of the project but I decided to let it out of the bag since I wouldn't be able to post progress pics if I kept it to myself too long...

If you got any classic style pinstripers in your area it would be worth it to let them just do their own thing on a blank canvas of whichever color you choose... these guys are really good at matching up colors that look great together so their work stands out.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
British Racing Green and beige. Either beige pin stripe on the green or green stripes on the beige.

Two or three different shades of metallic green is also a good combo.

But I always suggest the builder do what looks good to them. If it pleases you then it's the best color scheme.

Tom

pulsar2121

Feb 20, 2013
USA
Red on black, like the Batmobile...
Agreed. You can't go wrong with red on black. It's a mean, sporty look. Also, for a more classic look and if you're building a cruiser you might try a black bike with red head, tank, exhaust, fenders, and rims with white wall tires. That would make a cool rat rod build.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA

I went for the underdog approach and painted it like an Enfield. I'm still working out the look though. Not sure if I'm 100% with that seat. It's comfortable though, and it made the bike very lightweight after taking the rack (with 2 heavy ammo cans) off.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I think what is missing is fenders,with maybe some white pinstripes, or black strips ..................Curt

pulsar2121

Feb 20, 2013
USA
I went for the underdog approach and painted it like an Enfield. I'm still working out the look though. Not sure if I'm 100% with that seat. It's comfortable though, and it made the bike very lightweight after taking the rack (with 2 heavy ammo cans) off.
It looks like there's too much open space back there under the seat like it needs something more. A fender might do the trick, but I'm more of the "Less is more" mindset. I might consider loosing the big seat with the extra support and going to a quilted spring seat. It would be a classic look. I found this one one eBay. They are available in black and brown. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-Qui...t-Cushy-NEW-/301301881946?hash=item4626fddc5a

Those are just my two cents. It's still a very nice build. The lettering on the tank looks really good. Also, I like what you did with the CDI. Most people just mount them on the lower bar in front of the motor, but it looks way better on the seat post.

P.S. LOL, I just saw your other thread where you had this identical seat already. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=58954

Last edited:

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
There's a reason i switched to another seat. That one is really uncomfortable. Anything more than a few minutes riding and your butt goes numb.

I keep thinking about how to make the look right, but still maintain the right comfort level.

I also have to be able to attach lights to the rear, and also mount a battery.

I'm considering making a seat like the royal Enfield's pictured above. And iI would love to have some nice fenders, but after the rack fell off I'm quite worried about the common fender skid issue.

Last edited:

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
OK, so I don't have pictures yet...

But! Use your imagination for now. The long seat is still on. I really want to use it and make it look nice. I think I may have figured it out.

Look at this picture (for reference only).

The bags that I had on it there are back on. I have them sandwiched between the seat and the seat's frame. I also put a piece of stainless steel sheet behind them for support (which is fully hidden). The battery is in the right bag, and the lights are mounted at the back of the seat.

It looks much better now. Pictures tomorrow.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I don't understand why this picture is looking so grainy. It was taken at a car show I went to on Saturday. In case you guys ever wonder, TRUE car guys will love your MB.

I have a 400+HP Rx7 that barely gets a second glance. The bike, however, gets everyone's attention. That's why I love the "cars & coffe" car shows. It's not about having the fastest, loudest, or most expensive car. It's about the passion you put in to it, and being proud of what you've accomplished!

I'll have to take another (better) picture of it. The bags being back on really make it, I think.

-Terrence