Panther

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi guys,
I know lately I have been posting a lot of photos on Worksman stuff, but I still have my 1950 Panther. It is wearing it's original 60 year old paint job and it carries the scars of it's years. A lot has changed in the past few months. The engine is fairly warmed up now and I am running around on a set of aluminum Worksman wheels. I believe these are the first few pictures with the Typhoon intake manifold as well. You probably can't see it but it's there.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
*Slipped in the puddle of drool that formed whilst eyeing the bike* Geez. There are some people on this site who do astounding work. This bike certainly stands among them, especially for the "WOW" factor.

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Very cool. Everything working together nicely. I too like the tank treatment, totally works.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Very nice looking bike. How does that stand work? Its hard to tell from the pics if it's just resting on the bolts or behind them.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
The axle has about 3/4" threads sticking out on each side after the wheel nut is tightened down. I slipped a bronze bushing over the axle end and then ran a thin jam nut against the bushing. The stand has a vertical slot where the rear axle just slips down into it. The stand works great for wrenching purposes and I can even kick start the bike and let it warm up. It's a little tricky kick starting it, but it does work.

Last edited:

diegom

Nov 19, 2009
Cagliari, Italy
AWESOME!!! really really really tasty!!

I would improve just one aspect: the handgrips, they look way too modern... very minor and easily fixed!

ehi, what's that front drum brake? I need one! :)

ciao!

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
These bikes are actually quite comfortable, the riding position is not quite as aggressive as it appears, your hands sit almost level with the seat -just a bit below.

As you sit here reading this, put your hands about 5 to 6 inches forward of your knees and about two inches below the top of your thighs. Not so bad huh? It's actually a fairly upright riding position. About the same as a typical mountain bike.

What is different is the seat, it's low. But because you have an engine there is no pedaling involved. So it's all good!

Rich

Last edited: