The Pirates Back!

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
The Pirates Back! Let the controversy continue. I took a little heat around here yesterday for my logo selection, and hey that's fine, I can take a little criticism. Here's the deal, though, I figured out the shape of this tank for the Worksman INB frame and got it right. I agreed to build ten of them. This tank is the prototype, the test mule, and I agreed to put Pirate decals on the first one. So here it is. Like it or not this is it. If I say the decal is cool, then the decal is cool. Tank number 1 of 10 will be the only one with this decal and that will make it unique. Tanks number two and three are currently being built. Seven more will follow, hand made one at a time in my shop by me. And yes, that is a GT40 in the backround.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
The Pirates Back! Let the controversy continue. I took a little heat around here yesterday for my logo selection, and hey that's fine, I can take a little criticism. Here's the deal, though, I figured out the shape of this tank for the Worksman INB frame and got it right. I agreed to build ten of them. This tank is the prototype, the test mule, and I agreed to put Pirate decals on the first one. So here it is. Like it or not this is it. If I say the decal is cool, then the decal is cool. Tank number 1 of 10 will be the only one with this decal and that will make it unique. Tanks number two and three are currently being built. Seven more will follow, hand made one at a time in my shop by me. And yes, that is a GT40 in the backround.
Pat your PIRATE is spot on Bro, I cant wait to see more of your works of art!!!!!

Would you ever consider some tanks for the 4" stretched frame drop looped downtube Worksman Newsboy's Board Track racer's like the vintage Harley styled semi-rectangular that sit on the top tube like this fiberglass one?

Peace Crazy Horse ( Joe ).

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Crazy Horse,
Good to see you back around here. I have though of more ideas for tanks then I have time to build. At this time I have my hands full with my current two designs and plan on matching oil tank/tool boxes to sit between the seat post tube and rear wheel. Those are next. Who knows what else the future holds for in-frame tanks?

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Good one Bairdco! Only a thousand years, huh? Good thing it's stainless steel. Oh, did you know you can laser cut and tig weld copper? I have seen it done. Maybe a copper "collectors edition", say a run of two tanks. One for me and one for you. Think about it. Someday I hope to see you with a collectors edition sportscarpat tank of your own.
Enjoy the build,
Pat

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Bairdco,
Heres another thought for you. There is a plating shop right down the street from me. I could easily take a stainless Panther or Worksman tank over there and have it copper plated. I could then sign it as the "Bairdco Special". One of one. No others to ever be built. Instant collectors edition. You can email me to discuss..........

TandocTools

Nov 24, 2009
KS
Pat,
Can I have first dibs on one of your oil/tool tanks? I think I need at least one of everything you make! Any prototype pics yet?
Aloha,
WT

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Warren,
Oil tanks are still a few weeks out. I will try to post some spy photos when I can.
Bill, Thanks for your support. The Pirate is smiling today!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
a bairdco limited tank would be awesome, but it's not in my price range as of yet. but later down the road, hopefully not too much later, i might have some business for you.

unless i teach myself how to weld, then it's competition. ;)

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Ahhhhh... I love it.. The Pirate Stickers Back.. I just read a post where it was gone.. Now its back. Too funny. The more I see it the more I like it... I woke in the night and there it was. Scared my damn pajamas off! Well shes back and I'll be glad to get the collector 1 of 10. Glad you didn't really take it off now that you put it that way.. Tool/Oil tanks should be sweet.. Can't wait!!!

Justin

look at this Newsboy Special.. IMG_0824.JPG IMG_0825.JPG got her for 25 bucks at a auction last week..

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Looks awesome Sport. Like it big time. I missed why it caused any sort of stir but if no one is upset, ya just ain't trying hard enough, snork