WTH Is Wrong NOW ???

GoldenMotor.com

Juanzx

May 3, 2012
Los Angeles ,Norwalk
Hey you guys I been getting problem after problem with my bike if it's not this its that. Ok well I this is the problem ... me and my dad adjusted the chain for the bike when i thought finally it's going to work it din't ! Do you guys know when you hold the clutch the bike is able to move .... well when i hold the clutch the bike doesn't move at all instead the tire skids so I can't even ride the bike regularly.... PLEASE HELP PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE PICTURES I WILL really really appreciate it thank you

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
It sounds like your clutch might need to be adjusted. First the simple question, is the clutch cable installed in the clutch actuator arm on the motor? Is there slack in the clutch cable? If there is slack in the clutch cable, you need to tighten that up.

If the clutch cable is tight, it might be time to adjust the clutch. Most people start with adjusting the flower nut since it is easy to get to and can help. You can read the clutch adjustment thread here: Clutch cable and clutch adjusting procedures

Good luck!

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
This bike is never going to ride "regularly" ever again anyways. That's all there is to it. Just get the clutch to slip enough so you can ride it to get it started. After the clutch breaks in it will loosen up a bit but as I said before, not enough to ride it normally.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sounds like a simple clutch cable adjustment.
Most all new builders underestimate the amount of pull and/or movement necessary to fully disengage the clutch.

My advice, do not start messing with the right side (flower nut) until you understand what you're doing. It is rare that the clutch needs adjusting from factory settings. It does happen but not often. Usually problems like yours can be fixed by a proper cable adjustment.

As was suggested above by Maurtis, Adjust the cable so there is no slack when the handlebar lever is not depressed. Any slack in the cable betwen the clutch actuator arm and the cable holder will cause the clutch to remain engaged even with the handlebar lever depressed (squeezed).

A simple test will tell you. Disconnect the cable from the clutch actuator arm then depress the arm inward, toward the engine, until it stops. This might take some effort. There's a strong spring to work against. While holding the arm in try to spin the rear wheel. If it spins free your cable is too loose. If it doesn't get back to us. There is more we can offer.

With that said it has been 2 days since the OP asked for help with no response.

Tom