Throttle Assembly HD from Sick Bick Parts

GoldenMotor.com

Tacomancini

Mar 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
My original throttle tube broke the first time I put it on my bike. The catch for the cable pulled through, that plastic is cheap what do they mix it with sand?! I've been using a brake caliper for my throttle, which has worked decently well, it just didn't feel quite like the real deal. I was looking for some kind of high quality throttle tube replacement, originally I wanted it to work with the existing housing and kill switch, but you guys and your general wisdom convinced me to go ditch it and go minimal.

No reviews here on the HD throttle, so I thought I might as well start a thread.

Here's the link to the product, its 21 dollars, only about 5 dollars more than most replacement throttles I've seen.
Sick Bike Parts

SBP shipped quick as lightning, though I understand thats the norm with those guys, I had computer ordering issues they helped me with over the phone. So I'm another happy customer.

The thing is all metal, looks beautifully made. Nice fasteners on it. And there's the cool plexi window to see the pulley working smoothly. I don't even have grips for it yet, but its such an upgrade. For such an primary control, it seems like a no brainer to splurge for something this nice. Plus this is fun, it appears to be a clone of this popular control for scooters - slight price difference though ;) http://www.motostrano.com/jomatoth.html

Anyway, super excited about it. Makes the riding experience that much cooler.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes I must say that's a fine looking throttle indeed and I'm sure it works as good as it looks. With similar throttle woes I'll be investing in a couple of those myself....cheers!

Tacomancini

Mar 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
Also, the cable is pretty! I don't know what its called, but its kind of see through, and you see braided metal inside. I wish all my cables looked like that. I got the 34" cable, it was the perfect size for my bike.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Thats been on my list of "need to have" parts when I get to the end of my build.

You must have bought the last one cause its listed as out of stock atm.

fritzalee

Jul 15, 2008
r00t4rd3d
SBP takes PayPal, I just ordered their Shift Kit this morning, usng PayPal instant transfer, they don't use the PayPal logo, you have to select payment method after passing up the credit cards.