Wifes Ride "The Green Machine"

GoldenMotor.com

GoGetHer

Apr 8, 2010
Lake Wedowee AL
My wife loves the concept of a motorized bicycle, her and I used to have street bikes, so she can ride. So I told her to pick out a bike she likes and I would build her one. So now we ride around together in the neighborhood and harass the neighbors: alot of fun. Its hard to mount an engine on a female cruiser, unless you like the engine right between your legs with no protection. So she went with a male bike made by Failure, a BMX company which only makes two types of cruiser bikes. It was the lime green color that she likes. This build was more difficult with the tire being larger then my huffy, so I had to get the tire and engine aligned just right to avoid the chain rubbing the frame or the tire. And the fenders had to go, before I even started the tire would rub the fenders if inflated to much. Anyway enough of my blabbering, here's the result.

Attachments

Last edited:

GoGetHer

Apr 8, 2010
Lake Wedowee AL
My wife liked the feel of the ape hangers better so I had to replaced her handlebars, took off front fender, and replaced her black muffler with a chrome one from my mountain bike built. I think it looks better and the riding stance feels better. She is 5'10 with them picnic table reaching arms. Plus she is smiling more now when she is riding..cs.

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Maybe you could trim the rear fender and reinstall it. The brown front fender looks good with brown chain guard and seat.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Very nice bike, I like the color. I see or it appears that you have the OEM plug wire...I'd trash it and install a better grade wire and plug. Also what is under the mounts? Tape? a no no.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Excellent start!

Now just put a front hand brake on the thing, and loose the drive side tensioner.
Size the drive chain without one, then use it on the pedal side if you have to.

Brakes and drive chains are kind of my mantra. One is always needed, one should not be used if at all possible. Just my 2¢, but for your lady maybe worth a nickle.