Another Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I put the motor that was on my Electra Coaster on my 1978 Huffy "Good Vibrations" cruiser I picked up on C/L.

Clay (foureasy) has been helping me out a lot with this bike and motor. He welded up the exhaust, motor mounts, and a layback seatpost.

I plan on getting some tripple tree forks from piratecycles and new front wheel for a disc brake.

Let me know what you think

Attachments

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
nice built its amazing what cant you find on craiglist just passing some information bill move his buisness out of freedoms into his house located it on ina and meredith if anybody needs work on their bikes once i get some money and my second bike running we should go riding on the weekends ineed to fix the chain on the other bike it got stuck between the clutch sproket

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Nice looking bike. I picked up a black Huffy like that early this summer, also says "good vibrations" on the chain guard. Now I know about when mine was made. Good. Seems like a well made frame and on the head badge says Made in the USA. A far cry from a newish Huffy made in China I got at a yard sale last summer... junk. The peanut tank actually looks right on that bike.
SB

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
i hate those pink air boxes on the "speed" carb, which is exactly the same as the NT carb, except it doesn't say "speed."

whoops. sorry. i mean, nice bike!
I have to agree, the pink/ red plastic crap that comes on the "speed" carb is gargage, however, I have noticed lots of diffrences between the "speed" carb, and the NT carb. First is the channel in which the air/ fuel flows through is a bit larger than the NT, as is the slide. The second fuel shutoff is a bit of a joke, but the thing that upset me with the speed carb was that the jet was suppose to have a larger hole than the NT, it did not. I mixed pieces from both carbs on the speed housing, and put on my black NT "airbox", and have had more top end "speed", than from the NT. Not as much torque however. And I must add the bike on the tread is pretty cool. nice work.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
i hate those pink air boxes on the "speed" carb, which is exactly the same as the NT carb, except it doesn't say "speed."

whoops. sorry. i mean, nice bike!
Actually Baird....the " Speed" carbs ARE different....slide is 3mm larger.....but I concur on the "pink" aircover....mine was black but those pink ones...ermmmm LOL....and BTW...the speed carb really makes a difference....at least on my bike....look closely at the carb...and you will see......black box.....

Salty.shft.

Attachments

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Forsure man. I like catching up to cars when they dont expect it and then seeing the look on their face. priceless.
Bike cost....$250.00
Engine Kit...$175.00
Labor....blood,sweat and tears
Astonished motorists....PRICELESS

LOL!
Salty.shft.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Got my triple tree forks, gt neck and headset from pirate cycles today. So happy. Cant wait to get it all setup.

Ill post a pic tomorrow when I get them on.

Thanks Justin

omegaunderground

Sep 16, 2009
modesto
Nice looking build Tcams is the exhaust pipe from sickbikeparts? Ok so I was on comment page one when I asked that and it put my comment under your comment explaining where you bought the pipe from... Thanks for the fast "response" lol :) Man I need a nap