Close Encounter

GoldenMotor.com

Pitchfork311

Apr 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
So, today while I was riding in I had a jerk try to run me off the road. For those that live in Tucson, I was heading west on grant road, just before crossing under the underpass, where the bike land ends. I go slower in that spot because of the lack of a bike lane and the traffic congestion.

So this guy goes to pull into the hampton inn and cuts right in front of me then stops. He knew I was there and did it on purpose, it was obvious he thought about doing it before he did. So I had to do an emergency stop and evade, unfortunately for him I stuck my foot out and put a dent in his truck door, which I'm pretty sure he didn't know I did. Then he rolls down the window and yells, "THE ROAD IS FOR VEHICLES @$$HOLE. In a polite and non rude way, I simply stated, "please drive with courtesy, be respectful, and watch for bicycles." Then he just starred at me so I pulled out my phone and waved him by and attempted to take a pic of his plates. Of course my phone wasn't ready, but I'm sure he was worried after that.

Tucson may be a bike friendly community, but its residents sure don't show it. Sometime I don't blame them, some bikers are jerks and deserve it. But not all of us. Its sad how only a few people ruined it for the rest of us.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yeah at the same time your not going to go out and be an ASS to every person in a car because of this one guy. Some people just need to mind their own business and understand that if it isn't causing them pain or strife then it is not their business to do anything about it.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Oh - I suspect you had very little to do with what he was thinking. Bad day, too much traffic, cranky boss, wife not... well ya know - w/e it may have been you were there to take out some angst on.

Little did he know you weren't the easiest target around lol Honestly, some of the spite could easily have been envy - stuck in his cage, late for w/e and there you were, enjoying a lil cruise on yer bike.

How DARE you have the audacity to be enjoying yourself? omg - the gall of some ppl ;)

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
yeah i am glad you are okay tucson drivers dont watch for bicyclits or pedestrians we had a lot of accidents here in tucson thats the reason why i go as as possible from the bicycle lane well i am glad you are okay

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
LoL apparently my last comment was in bad taste because it does not appear to be here anymore...LoL....It was in Kinda bad taste my apologies to the Mods

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
just don,t throw it at the 3 toothed hick in the red pickup with the shotgun in the rear window and the deer strapped to his hood .

Aw aint nuthin pa . aint nuthin but one em newfangled bicycle contraptions , ran right out in front a me . I,ll jus ask Ned iffin he can patch the rad in the mornin . Mabey gimma slab a this here buck in trade .

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
you need to put a cueball inside a sock and keep it handy.....

i like the spiteful boot of the door that was ten points.

i was trying to make a left turn across a two lane road once and while waiting or oncoming traffic to give a break just as i go to go i got honked at and swiped by a charger..... i ripped his ****ing mirror off with my handlebars because he happened to be in the prime spot. and then he curses me out.....