Is this too big***

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
The carb on the left is 18.2, on the right stock 79 pred. I know you guys use this size on race bikes... I'm stock. Also looking at agk's intake it looks to be 6" bend..? Be nice if they were in stock, I'd prefer to buy, how about short vs. Long intake differences..thx..

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That carb should work just fine on a 79cc Pred... The actual throttle slide and venturi is definitely bigger, but not by so much that it would be a nightmare to tune, just match port the intake so there's not a ridge or overhang at the intake/carb mating and it'll work.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
i agree. Remember, the engine doesn't know or care what feeds it as long as it gets fuel.
And a four stroke is more forgiving of over carburation than the two strokes.
Not that this is anywhere close to too much.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Yeah guys thx. The intake port on the engine is 18. So air flow should be greatly improved. I'm hoping agk has a weld up in stock

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Help..ok I made a manifold(first one)...welded it,grinded it,bondo'd it. I made it to match the 15mm carb,but the intake engine port is18,but that's how the factory manifold was also.my manifold is 2"long. New sealed gaskets. Engine likes to run low end 1 click closed on the chock. Up to speed and she wants no chock..wasss..up?? I'm making a curved manifold for the carb pictured above.

Attachments

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If it needs choke to run, your jetting is WAY wrong. Usually this means lean, but your plug makes me think is clogged or dirty since it's CLEARLY not lean.
For whatever reason, your carb is not allowing fuel to be drawn up properly. Choke adds "suction" and more fuel and sometimes acts as a band-aid for a clogged or dirty carb problem.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Hey M,yeah I tried my hand at drill'n the jet, I think I shouldn't have. So then I order a jet from Agk, and out of 2 choice sizes I guess wrong..lol..so I'm making a manifold for the carb pictured.

Last edited:

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
not to start a new thread. My ? is where can you purchase just the cylinder side manifold flange for the 79cc HF Predator ? CNC or metal (weldable).
Thanx.

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
agk......affordablegokarts.com..........IF,they are in stock! If you haven't been there go...day got the shizzzz
Thanx for the response Scratch, they been out for quite some time, I e-mailed them earlier and quite of few other things have been unavailable for almost 2 months.
I am gearing up for some items and not in a great rush but I have been I think a lot of different sites and they have manifolds and such but not for me.
if I only knew I should of went with the 212cc, now they have parts all over for it. HF always has a sell on these engines also. you know when I come to think about it the engine has been the easiest part to acquire since I started this build. I think I felt a tear roll down my fuzzy face, it's part joy from learning. i did make a flange but it's not pretty but will work I would like a billet one but not important.
Thanx again.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Here ya loud n clear. Under 'rear suspension' I did a intake, thought hey, just do it. The most expensive thing, I had, that's the drill bit. Also had 1 1/2 x 3/16 plate, a 4 1/2 grinder, file and, the mighty HF 90 amp welder. All good investments. Smooth your weld with Jb, might have pinhole. Sand and paint.

Last edited:

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
yes a welder is on my list.
also need a good drill press, I have a lot of tools but there is always that specialty priced one that holds me back for awhile. :)

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Yeah, if I can make it work for dollars, instead of 100's, I'm good with that, I have a mental block against spending 1000$ on a bicycle.

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
I have no problem buying tools because I do a lot of different trades. but sometimes,
I have bought pretty pricey specialty tools for automotive and used them once.
But Hey! I've got em!
AGK got back to me, they said they have been remodeling their shop and office.
about another week, I just hope someone would come up the Aluminum Fly Wheel for the HF 79cc Predator. now that is something I can not do LOL....

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
i'm fittn' the rear end everything now. but now i'm thinking the Blackwell is in the Red. LOL!
slowwwwly but shirley ha.................
thanx for askn', i'll be hopefully puttn' new pics up tonight.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
If you have some welding skills?, it's really easy to make any kind of manifold.
It's even easier to braze one up with a torch!

Just find some nice steel tubing & some flat stock & jump in there & start cutting! (^)

I'm not the greatest weldor, but here's a exhaust manifold that I welded up... (this was done with a flux core wire feed).

image-1203270427.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Hey, I agree with Venice.. once You make one, it'll be exhaust next..drill your intake hole first, then the bolt holes!!