piston bikes or boy go fast???

GoldenMotor.com

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
just noticed today, when i needed the box my kit came in from piston bikes, to paint on. that it[the box] had BGF on the side???no wonder it took 2 weeks to get they had to order it from boy go fast first then send it to me.

:-||

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
A BGF kit delivered to me is $169. The same kit delivered to me from PistonBikes is $221.72.
So, PistonBikes is having BGF send out the engines, and they pocket the $52.72 difference?

double trouble

Oct 10, 2011
Motor City
Just received my carburetor from bgf . Ordered it off ebay last monday and it arrived monday . California to Michigan. 7 days. It was shipped the same day I ordered with tracking.
so far , one minor leak I fixed ,but what do you expect.
I'm satisfied with bgf.
Prices are lower than anyone else too.

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
i'm not realy knocking bgf...its just the principal of the thing....i'm knocking pb.i probobly wont do buisness with them again unless i have no other choice.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That's interesting. I'm not aware of a relationship between Piston Bikes, and BGF. I've ordered parts from BGF, and Luckyearlybird, and the money paid to the same company, The Rico Group. That makes me think they're owned by the same people.

What I've noticed after buying parts from almost every major dealer on the forum, is parts is parts for these motors. Some time you get a especially nice motor or part from a supplier, and the next time it's crap from the same company. That seems about the same from all of them.

Also you can buy a motor, and then order a part from the same supplier, and there's no guarantee the part was made in the same factory.

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
ok here is an idea...would any one buy a motor kit that has already been gone through by someone that has done this before???checked and greased everything??? tweeked it a little??just wondering thinking about buying a few to see if its worth it...i'm only talking about maybe $50 more.and then you dont have to **** with the details??and you have a motor that is kinda reliable??let me know....i just tore mine down ....didn't have anything better to do cuz i'm waiting for parts and i found that my bottom jug gasket was upside down and backwards.this is just one reason that you should go over these with a fine tooth comb.i know what too look for now and will never fire up a moter till i have gone through it completely.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
I've thought about doing that. I'd definitely pay $50 more for an engine that's already been ported/blueprinted/balanced/cleaned/tested.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
ok here is an idea...would any one buy a motor kit that has already been gone through by someone that has done this before???checked and greased everything??? tweeked it a little??just wondering thinking about buying a few to see if its worth it...i'm only talking about maybe $50 more.and then you dont have to **** with the details??and you have a motor that is kinda reliable??let me know....i just tore mine down ....didn't have anything better to do cuz i'm waiting for parts and i found that my bottom jug gasket was upside down and backwards.this is just one reason that you should go over these with a fine tooth comb.i know what too look for now and will never fire up a moter till i have gone through it completely.
I've thought about doing that. I'd definitely pay $50 more for an engine that's already been ported/blueprinted/balanced/cleaned/tested.
I've had this on my mind lately too. Just now I'm in the process of building a motor from the crank up.

I wouldn't pay squat for just going over some details, and lubeing, but I'd probably pay double for a carefully assembled motor with a blueprinted crank. IMO the biggest weakness to these motors is the poor quality control on the crank assemblys.

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
this is my first build on one of these but i know from working on my other projects that you dont skimp or you will be sorry you spent the $...these motors cost around $200 and we buy them for the cost they are cheep...at least most of us do....and i dont want to see someone throw good $ away cuz they dont have the tools or the know how to do it.i would be willing to help but it takes some time and i need compensation...i'm broke too!!!LOL
don't want to rape anyone just want to see that these get done right and noone gets hurt...thats the most important thing!!I see some kids on here and elswhere that have begged there mom for one of these kits only to find out its more than they can chew.i dont like to see that.these are not for little boys unless there is someone that can teach them!

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
I've been in PB's store...it's small...they're nice...they custom package stuff to hit certain price points...carbs, etc...they are involved in some RnD completely outside of anything BGF is doing...
stuffs gotta come from somewhere...

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
i understand but can they be more upfront about this stuff?they made my order right and i want everyone to know.but it seems a little shady like this