CAG 49cc

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Like I need another motor...

$80 shipped. All the way from Canada too.

Looks pretty good except the spark plug got wasted in transit along with a piece of a fin. This is just the base model, nothing fancy, but it's got reed valves and the simple needle/slide carb we all know and love. The not POS airfilter was nice surprise too.

Going on the shelf as a backup or a possible friction drive for a wierd bike.

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
Looking at using DAX's version of this for a FD. I'm guessing you got your on eBay? Happen to remember the vendor's name?

Cagiva4ever

Oct 25, 2010
Finland
hi !

im also making Hybrid from same engine, mines from Cagllari 47cc, actually piston diam is 40mm and upper Gudgeon pin Diam 10mm.

i have China made-cloned Dellorto PHBH19bs copy on mine and Cagllari Minimoto exhaust (1 of the various exhaust models..)

my new engine's ht-coil/cdi was "AL" marked-made and it broke after 15mins, maybe the worst coil manufacturer that Cag has used.. Now i have "XG" marked coil pack which is a lot better looking already from outside, has worked perfectly so far.

Godda source the adjustable 2-shoe clutch at somepoint...

maybe we can share some engine info as we go and make project progress and durability tests during riding..

i got basically 2 new engines for 30euro's + 1 cannibalized and rusted1. all from brakers yard from scrapped new Minimotos(4spares purposes scarpped)

bye:)
m
http://motorbicycling.com/f36/front-mounted-minimoto-engine-16978.html