• I only ride MBs in the nice weather

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • I ride year-round no matter what

Votes: 40 33.9%

• Total voters

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...Kinda bummed about the poll choices - I don't ride when snow covers road/bridge but as soon as it's melted enough that tires can grip I'm back out there. Past winter I didn't ride maybe 10 days. And I can't ride into work in drenching rain but I care less about the trip home. Choosing between "nice weather" or "no matter what" is a pretty big jump IMO. I begrudgingly chose "nice weather", err...
lol - given ya only lost ten days outa the season I think ya woulda been justified in choosing "no matter what" even with such a minor exception... the poll is also multiple choice *shrug* I did mean it to be a clear either/or for clarity & I suspect we've simply different definitions of what "bad" weather might be is all :p

Welcome to the forum BTW, good ta have ya here (^) Ya outa start an intro thread, we'd love ta see yer bike!

Last edited:

ykick

Apr 18, 2011
NYC/SOCal
Thanks for the welcome! Will do an introduce w/pics thread once I have some time to make decent sense. I've ridden dirt/street m/c's 30 years in every cllimate imaginable and still do although majority of my daily riding nowadays is eBike. Manhattan, NY rush hour is a thrill ride!

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I rode my grubee bike to work for half a year, when I had a local job (2 miles to work, 5 miles to town). I'd be glad to ride a MaB to work about every day if I have a job 10 miles or less, and a lot of the time if 15 miles or less. After that, it just takes too long. I wish I'd had one of these when I was a teenager though, could have saved some gas and broken up the monotony of min. wage jobs. I rode bicycles to work a lot then and would have loved a motor to get home with late at night or after a long shift.

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
I ride my bike about as much as I drive my car, it mostly depends on how much stuff I have to carry around. And same here DRC. If only I could get another 6MPH out of my bike I'd be happy, 36MPH just dosn't satisfy me. PM me if you want to swap mod tips.

Last edited:

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Only used my past MB's for fun and cruising around on days off...

My work ride is about a 50 miles round trip 4 days a week and I work 4pm to 2am... getting there is the easy part, riding home at 2am is a problem as I need lighting on the dark roads and to be seen by others as well

I really want to try the MB ( one being built right now by culvercityclassics ) as much as I can for work... trying to work out the kinks of the ride, and guessing it will save me roughly $30 a week in fuel costs

chubaka

Jun 29, 2012
orlando fl
I ride every day I can. I don't drive, go Katy has a blown engine and the atvs were sold so this keeps me sane. Most days I cruise around my. Hood but today road from south of. Taft to lake Mary.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
since i dont have a job, have to say mostly cruising. my original intention when i built my first bike was to commute, but after seeing how much fun it is to cruise around on, that quickly changed to both lol. now when i do get a job, it will be commuting once again.

silverfox

Jun 29, 2012
Rocky mountain house, Alberta
i have a ford f-150, it's sittin there rusting.
I ride everywhere, anytime, and it does get cold in the winter but all you have to do is layer up ,cover the fins, and help it some.keeps you fit lol.
tip 4 da braves, narrow soft tires for winter,and big cahunas lol
yeah ..i know i'm nuts, i winded myself in a blizzard at -24 last winter, with no motor, ain't gonna happen this year.
peace, Steve laff

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
I ride every chance I can. I wish I could use it for commuting but I work way to far away to ride my bike. Takes bout an hour to get there by car and lots of freeway. But... When I'm not workin I use my bike for every thing. Think I might strap my bike to my trunk and drive it to my first stop on my route and ride the bike throughout the day on the rest of my route at work. That was the original intention when I built my first bike \m/

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I've been using my electric bike to go for about 45 minutes on and off road around town. I'm hoping that with the new batteries and controller setup I'll be able to use it as a commuter. Electric range anxiety, and charging places have kept me from trying to make it a practical solution.

The gas bikes don't have that problem, but they're regarded with disdain by a lot of people in Marin. I guess the only thing I can do is try to keep them quietly muffled and chill out around sensitive people.

Oh and I forgot to mention that it's pouring out, a situation I would avoid riding a high powered electric bike through even though the connections are all covered, because it's not worth it. The motor sits right in front of the rear wheel.

Last edited:

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
So far I've mainly used it to cruise the gut. Wave at the pretty girls. Take in the salt water breeze.. How does that song go? Something about sunglasses, half pack of cigarettes, full tank of gas.. Or is it full pack of cigarettes, half tank of gas? It doesn't really matter but the POINT is, I don't use this thing for commuting. Just for being awesome. Oh, and the salt water breeze? That part is not true living in Kentucky, but the REST was true. Except the cigarettes because I don't smoke.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
I bought it for commuting to work only 1.5 miles away, which I always do in nice weather, but I've put double the miles of the commuting on just crusin'. It's rare for me to get caught in the rain, but it happens. I doubt you'll ever see me in the snow unless I've had a few pops. Our roads get pretty torn up after winter, so I don't ride at night without at least a few day rides on the same road after winter. My shift starts at 6:30am, so the mornings stay too cold until about this time of year. Typing this makes me not want to be so sissy about it, but its finally past the 40's in the am. Thursday looks like a great day to start.

how did I end up replying to such an old thread? lol

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Ride all year long, commuting everyday and I ride just to cruise around and have fun.

I use my MAB for simple errands as well, the bank, grocery store, visit friends, ect.

And I go to the track whenever I can, I get bored doing 20mph all day every day.
I have to update mine

I do not commute on my Motorized Bicycles anymore 2011 was the last time I was able to commute.

The past few years I just ride for fun.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
No longer own a car. Never bothered to renew my DL when it expired.
Ride every day unless it's raining.