New guy. Fresh custom build.

GoldenMotor.com

nflamez

Sep 20, 2015
michigan
Here it is. Had picked up a cape cod addition bike with a 7g 4 stroke on it. And found out that guy had no idea wtf he was doing. And at first either did i. The bike was in terrible shape. Back axle blown out pineapple bushings twisting the forks..
So i screwd myself a little. Then got ti the drawing board. Came up with this. Took about 3 weeks to get all the parts in but im satisfied.
Still going to be upgrading to a arch idler tensioner. Currently has the spring ilder tensioner on it. And looking to get rid of the centri clutch for another one it has a jumpyness to it when im stopped and choke is high dont think it should.
But for the most part shes a nice ride and shes quick. I got her all registered and legal for road riding. The cop called it a beast and took it for a ride.

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very impressive build. Congratulations and thanks for joining us and for showing us your bike.

I'd be interested in seeing a closeup of how the rear sprocket is attached to that cast rim/hub. I'm guessing it is mounted to a disc brake rotor flange?

Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Like the cast wheels and front disk. I haven't seen those kind of cast wheels for sale on EBay in quite a few years.

nflamez

Sep 20, 2015
michigan
right there with you on the rim brakes, Id have to check the mounts on my frame to see if that would match up. im pretty sure it would fit in between the frame and sprocket, but iffy on the frame mounts.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I think i would be more worried about the chain tensioner typing in and chewing the spokes,i have one out back now that has to be redone because the tensioner tipped in, needs a hole new wheel now.
They make a nice one that clamps to both stays that can't tip in. (anybody, were)

Love that bike nice clean,and KOOOOL wheels.................Curt

nflamez

Sep 20, 2015
michigan
So this bike was Stolen from my house at 6 o'clock after I road home from work.. I put it on my porch went inside came back out 15 mins later and she was gone.
What a shame people are so pathetic they steal hard earned ****.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So this bike was Stolen from my house at 6 o'clock after I road home from work.. I put it on my porch went inside came back out 15 mins later and she was gone.
So sorry to hear this. I'm sure you've made a police report (for what good it will do) and have started checking the local listings for motorized bicycles. Theives are the lowest of the low and we can only hope they get hurt, real bad, trying to ride your bike.

Let us know if it is recovered, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Tom

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
That sucks! Your bike is a one of a kind and it won't be hard to spot those rims when a fricken thief is riding it.

nflamez

Sep 20, 2015
michigan
Im in Port Huron Michigan AKA PoHo, Yes it is sad, Im moving out of this area by the end of Jan, everyone in this town is out to get someone else, I dont feel safe here, I do not want my kids growing up around this poor mentality. Its time for a change. May the person or persons who stole it rot in their world of worthlessness.

Last edited:

nflamez

Sep 20, 2015
michigan
I was so proud of myself for building this, it took awhile to get everything to work, I had just tweaked so many things on it, heavier gauge spring for the tensioner it was working so smooth, an extra locking bolt on the springer forks, Loc-tite on the bolts for the sprocket attached to the disc mount, everything was smooth.. I built this with my sons, We were going to build another this spring, I was going to keep them around for them a few years and they would have been old enough to ride them. This whole sad story has soured me and i dont think im going to build another.