Vp 110

GoldenMotor.com

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Unless your running crazy high compression or an arrow 9.5hp engine don't bother. The little ht's don't create enough pressure for that to do you any better then 87 octane from the pump. If your running a high comp head then run 91 or 93 octane

NJZ

Apr 6, 2013
Springfield IL
I took 240 grit around the inside of the head itself and piston as evenly applied pressure I could for about an hour. It runs a ton smoother I am running a BP6HS plug 7 mm performance wire and boot. Me at 175 lbs now have to plop my butt down on the seat when I engage the clutch, or it will just drag my tire. It idles so smooth, and feels as if it shuts off when cruising. I will probably mix with 93 1/2 and Half which should take it down to 104 and down another point or two after mixing.

Jbomb

May 19, 2012
Wichita, KS.
It depends on your engine. A 66cc HT with good port work, high compression head, good expansion chamber exhaust, etc. may have issues with detonation, even with 91 octane unleaded. I am running a CR Machine Stage 2 engine with 6 cc combustion chamber and sbp chamber and it requires fuel with an octane rating of higher than 91. I'm not sure exactly what octane level is the lowest that would be sufficient, but the Vp 110 eliminated the detonation problems I was having. Unless you have done extensive modification to your engine, you could probably run pump gas with no problems. The 5 gallon can I bought was $50+. It does smell great when it burns, though. Nothing like the aroma of some spent Vp110 in the morning!