4 stroke supercharger

GoldenMotor.com

t-rat

Aug 28, 2011
Spokane
Anyone have any ideas on using a smog pump to supercharge a 212cc 4 stroke honda clone? What size of smog pump and off of what car?

timothy

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I don't know the specs on the smog pumps, but I love the idea. You may just have to start with a smog pump from a smaller motor (four cylinder) and experiment from there.

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
I put a smog pump from a "Luv" truck (Isuzu I think) on a Tecumseh that I ran on my Doodle bug. Loved the sound when it started. WHAP! On the Doodle bug where my butt was practically over the rear wheel it was a beach to start without getting unloaded so it was the most fun thing in the shop except for the time the throttle spring came off. It unloaded me, banging my head on the shop floor, bounced and rocked over until the tire got some purchase and came almost upright, hit my '55 Chevy, richocheted off my tool box. I got my fingers jammed in between the frame and the grounding stap trying to shut it down. Shocked the **** out my hand and I couldn't feel anything but fire in my hand. Sat on the floor of the shop for ten minutes half way between tears and histerical laughter. Methinks it pumped way too much air for the little Tecumseh.

t-rat

Aug 28, 2011
Spokane
thanks guys, good idea about starting with a smag pump off a 4 clender and moving up from there.

i was thinking of a draw though for less issues but would a push though be easier?

t-rat

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
thanks guys, good idea about starting with a smag pump off a 4 clender and moving up from there.

i was thinking of a draw though for less issues but would a push though be easier?

t-rat
Can't push the air through a carp. Air has to be drawn /sucked through to make the carb jets work.