Front engine mount/ 2 stroke/ DAMAGE?

GoldenMotor.com

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
Is it bad to drill a hole threw your frame to mount your front engine mount with a big tube frame ? I heard stories about how it could damage your frame. Is true or is this a myth ?

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have only drilled one frame out of 14 builds,and I rode that bike for around 2500 miles and then sold it.But I would suggest not drilling if at all possible,as it will weaken the frame in that area.And it was a steel frame,Huffy Cranbrook.

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
thanks for the info guys, saw a lot of pictures where people have drilled a hole threw the front tube, it kinda made me cringe. I think the muffler clamp looking mount might be a better set-up. The reason why I ask is that im building another bike this weekend and it has a big front tube and wanted to do it the best possible way.

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky
it wont hurt anything. i did mine that way and its a good way to mount it solid with out the motor moving. there probably is a better way to do it but this is cheap and easy way. my frame was curved and had a big bottom tube so that was the easy way for me.