Bike Stand For Motorized Bikes With Suspension Forks

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
My two-legged bike stand doesn't touch the ground after I installed a suspension fork. In my case, it's more critical because of my front and rear engines.:-||

What do you guys use as bike stand?

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Go to the hardware store and get some rubber stops, drill a hole in them, put them on your center stand. I have the center stand from Spookytooth, and that is what I did. Both tires just touch the ground with the stand down. See attached pic, it makes the stand about an inch longer.

I have a cheaper center stand ($16 on Amazon) on the new bike but it is taller and keeps both wheels off the ground it has little plasitc feet that I suppose if it were to short I could extend with something from Ace.

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My two-legged bike stand doesn't touch the ground after I installed a suspension fork. In my case, it's more critical because of my front and rear engines.:-||

What do you guys use as bike stand?
I don't know how much heigth you need but this is the kickstand I have. It's 12 3/4" from the floor to the bottom of my rear chain stay when the stand is down. My bike will rock from the front to rear wheel depending on which one I want off the floor.
Heavy duty kickstand
Tom

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Cool I was just thinking about this topic.. Thanks for the ideas. If I think of anything I will post it here.. Cheers

I used to like a band called spooky tooth.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
OK I do not have pictures of this but I welded to my rear rack a 1 1/2" pipe section a foot long and drilled holes through the pipe 1" that went through it on which I mounted an American flag while riding. A bolt or pin will hold the pole in up (flag) or down (stand) position. I only did this for an oversized weight kickstand on the riding position left side. I image now that I could have used two and had a rear wheel stand using just pipes and drill bits and my trusty 80 dollar wire feed.

Hope that helps someone.

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
I don't know how much heigth you need but this is the kickstand I have. It's 12 3/4" from the floor to the bottom of my rear chain stay when the stand is down. My bike will rock from the front to rear wheel depending on which one I want off the floor.
Heavy duty kickstand
Tom
I had the two legged kickstand with rubber feet from Spooky, it would just barely keep the bike up, it wasn't high enough. Then I tried to bend the "steel" and found out why it was called an alloy stand, it cracked.

I broke down and spent the money for the above stand, there are many suppliers all around $40 - $45. It works well and lifts the front wheel up about 2 to 3 inches, just right. It is heavy duty and easy to install. This is on a cruiser style bike. It is easy to use and folds up nicely. It bolts right on to the frame, no special kickstand plate needed. You do have to line it up right so that it unfolds perpendicular to the frame, that might take a few adjustments.

Highly recommended, in fact I don't know of any other option that comes close.

junkyard

Jan 6, 2009
st.petersburg fla
I had the two legged kickstand with rubber feet from Spooky, it would just barely keep the bike up, it wasn't high enough. Then I tried to bend the "steel" and found out why it was called an alloy stand, it cracked.

I broke down and spent the money for the above stand, there are many suppliers all around $40 - $45. It works well and lifts the front wheel up about 2 to 3 inches, just right. It is heavy duty and easy to install. This is on a cruiser style bike. It is easy to use and folds up nicely. It bolts right on to the frame, no special kickstand plate needed. You do have to line it up right so that it unfolds perpendicular to the frame, that might take a few adjustments.

Highly recommended, in fact I don't know of any other option that comes close.
i have a 20" bike and was going to lay it flat and custom mount it so when it would normally be down it would be up and vice versa.......do you think it would work?

its kinda hard to tell the angle of it in the up position and how hard it locks in the up position

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
In the up position it looks like a regular one legged kickstand. It sits up pretty tight, you have to push it down with your foot.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do, but in the up position, the two legs are folded right next to eachother.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
In the up position it looks like a regular one legged kickstand. It sits up pretty tight, you have to push it down with your foot.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do, but in the up position, the two legs are folded right next to eachother.
Sky,
You must have the same stand I use. It is a nice one and we might mention to Junkyard that it is pre-marked so you can cut the legs to fit the bike. Just don't park your bike in soft wet grass like I did today. Those pointed feet wil sink right in and if you're unlucky like I was, one side will sink quicker than the other :(
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
ouch, hope nothing broke!
Sky,
read this. 2door
Master Motorized Bicycle Builder Join Date: Sep 2008

Re: How did you get injured on your motor bike?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stupid, just plain stupid: and clumsy
I went to the library today and stopped off in the park to watch the people and relax in the sun. I'd parked the bike next to a picnic table and Just as I took a seat I saw the bike falling. My double kickstand was sinking in the soft wet grass. I grabbed for it, my hand hit my rear view mirror, broke it off, put a deep, inch long gash across the top of my right index finger on the broken edge. I'm bleeding like a stuck pig with nothing to wrap my finger with. When the bleeding slowed I decided to head for home and that's when I saw my speedometer hanging by the wires. My hand must have hit it too. Broke the mount right where it attaches to my bars...Stupid!
I should have let it fall; I'd have done less damage and wouldn't be sitting here now with my finger bandaged. Rats!
Tom