Should I just buy this Motorized S.Stingray?

GoldenMotor.com

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
So I was planning on doing a 2-stroke build (my last one is ruined) , but was just browsing CL and found this http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/3890271209.html

But the problem is I'd have to pay my friend $40 to drive me down...as 50 mile drive. and he is firm on the price, he says it's basically new.

I really want it buy have a few problems:
-Those are really small (I could get a layback seatpost, long sissybar, and handle bars that reach back, would that help?)
-It's quite far to pick up...
-And the money is kind of a lot for me, especially when I have a brand new 2-stroke kit in my room, but I know buying this would be much easier as long as I wouldn't have to fix something every 2 days like my last build...
-I could also purchase a used "Dimension edge" friction drive kit for $200....which would be much easier and I know i wouldn't have to tinker with it too much.

BUT the stingray looks so cool to me haha...IF I bought it, i'd be taking the less practical way but it'd be my sinful pleasure...

What do you guys think I should do?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
You know what you can afford, you know what tools you have and what skills you have, base your decision on these things.

After the purchase will I be able and can I make this what I need it to be as soon as I want it to be.....?

If it's a good runner as it is and you like the 49cc 4 smoke set up I say buy the heck outta it.

Its only a good deal if you can afford it and you are able to fix and/or build it up into what will be suitable for your wants and needs.

That seems like a good price to me if it has a good engine, from what I've seen just the bike alone would cost you close to that.

Best wishes, mapusflg

Jeckler

Jun 4, 2013
Mesa, AZ
How big are you? I'm 5'10" and at the time I had mine, weighed about 260. Think of a monkey and a football. Is this going to be a daily driver?

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I was thinking about buying it just for the parts, but I don't really trust used small engines, especially ones with lots of moving parts.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I'd buy the bike and sell your new engine for $125.

Now the bike cost you an extra $125, not $250.dance1

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
Hmm thanks guys, but I decided not too as the drive is just.. too far.

I'm thinking of buying the friction kit and attempting to sell my engine kit. I'm also selling this madwagon for to put the friction drive on another bike.