Project: Mongoose Blackcomb Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Kixxis200

May 3, 2013
Bainbridge
Well, I've searched all over the internet... and I mean everywhere.

But I have been an owner of a Mongoose Blackcomb for about 5 years now and that was my main source of transportation from school, from work.. everything.

Then I got a truck and yata yata you know the rest. But I stumbled upon an engine kit for an 80cc motorized bicycle kit online and was interested in modifying my bike. But as I said.. I couldn't find anything about how to mount it or anything or seen any one else thats done it.

I was determined to accomplish such a feat. I've seen a ton of electric Blackcombs, but none with an engine.

So I made a bracket for the motor; the rear suspension did not allow for the motor to mount in the traditional under the center location of the typical V-Frame bikes. (you know what I mean.) The bracket went directly above the rear tire. The sprocket went in place of the rear brake rotor. (^)

Some tinkering and such it was running quite well... except for the fact that the gas tank was lower than the gravity fed carb and gas wasn't making it, but I had a plan.

I drilled a hole in the gas cap, sealed off the vents, and got a pump to pressurize the fuel system. Now it may seem like it'd be a hazard driving around with a bomb between my legs, but the spring in the gas cap locking tab things become more of a regulator for fuel pressure. Handy at that.. (^)

But now.. I have Mongoose Blackcomb with an engine.. and can do about 28 mph without pushing the engine to its extreme brinks in this semi-hilly country.

But I'll upload a video with all the pictures and such so you can get a looksie.

Any other details that you wanna know, I'll do my best to explain what I did or answer any questions.. but I'm pretty proud of this contraption.
cvlt1

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Re: Project: Mongoose Blackcomb MB

Sounds interesting.
You seem like you have some nice ingenuity....you'll fit in well here. :)

Welcome to the forum.

Kixxis200

May 3, 2013
Bainbridge
Re: Project: Mongoose Blackcomb MB

Also some small details..

I changed out the spark plug already due to clearance issues.
I put rubber between the mounts and the frame to prevent engine movement.
I changed to fuel line to GM Recall Fuel Line. (the good stuff)
I already ported the intake manifold and gasket as well as the exhaust and gasket.
I also replaced the chain with #41 chain from my local tractor supply store. 10 feet for $11.99 and I made two chains as a precaution.
I siliconed around the head-gasket carefully to fix a minor compression leak and around the clutch cover to try to reduce noise but didn't really work on the clutch cover. Just really sealed up now. >.<

Rey

Aug 26, 2014
Texas, granite shoals
okay, so i am interested on seeing these pictures of the bike setup. i also own a blackcomb and want to soon make it where i can have a motor kit on it too. thanks!!!

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi Kixxis200!

Another unorthodox creator, cool. Can't wait to see the pictures. If picture size becomes an issue, many members use img or photobucket and such, picture clouds. I personally use img so I no longer have to resize my pictures, I just provide the link in the post.

http://i.imgur.com/Kxq5O0H.png

Anyways, pictures please, lots and lots of pictures.

Dave
AssembleThis

.xx.