Boy Go fast Customer Service ?

GoldenMotor.com

heretolearn

Dec 12, 2011
Texas
I sent an email to to boygofast customer service regarding 80cc engine [email protected] and explained with pictures and words saying that the nut that goes under the clutch plate kept coming loose and that the slot behind the washer was empty with no wood ruff key. I sent him pictures showing the problem and he sent me an email with pictures with a hammer saying to hit the plate in the middle ? I dont think that sounds right. Below is the email he sent explaining.

Clutch adjustment:
Please open the clutch cover ( which is 5 bolts attached)
Turn the middle of the flower nut right or left to make it tighten or loose.
Or
Some time the curve on the plate is not deep enough. So hit the middle of the plate to make it little deeper (about 1-2mm), then adjust the flower nut. ( this not happen usually, but in case)
I attach few pictures, u can take a look

and also please check the flower nut if thread no good

If you have any question, feel free to email us
thanks
BGF:-||

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah, just whack the thing with a big 2 pound ball peen.

Keep whacking until it works.

That's the China way.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Gosh.

That's kinda pretty good customer service!
Instruction for the fix!

Whackin' parts and pieces with a basher is called "fitment". :)

Yah, there may be a woodruff key missing from original build, and if the clutch hub nut is loosening, perhaps there should be a star washer behind it??? I can't recall, but it should show in my pics, or in Lord Vader's clutch pics. (an interference fit of a hub on a tapered shaft is not really extra-ordinary, and a keyway is generally used where the transmission of power must be precisely indexed. In this application, it's not... in a timing rotor, it is.)
(Yet if the machining is marginal, the fitment should be lapped, or a key used.)

a bit of loctite on that thread would probably be a good idea. the machining may be mis-matched in tolerances between the thread and the nut causing it to loosen up.

Good luck
rc

Last edited:

heretolearn

Dec 12, 2011
Texas
I confirmed it is missing woodruff key Thanks to you guys and I'm gonna email them and tell them I would like to send it back to be repaired by them. Does anyone have an Idea how that might go over?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I confirmed it is missing woodruff key Thanks to you guys and I'm gonna email them and tell them I would like to send it back to be repaired by them. Does anyone have an Idea how that might go over?
Customer service by my experience LACKING. You'd most likely be better off installing a key yourself.

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Ricky Shu just shuffles boxes of parts around. You send him a motor you will get another one back. He can play you along until the dispute period is over with eBay. I had to go into extended dispute with him when he simply should have replaced it from the first. He doesn't care about individuals, he just moves product as fast as possible.

I wasted most of a riding season cause of this swinging Richard. Dispute the sale as not as described(a running working motor) and get another motor.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Ricky Shu just shuffles boxes of parts around. You send him a motor you will get another one back. He can play you along until the dispute period is over with eBay. I had to go into extended dispute with him when he simply should have replaced it from the first. He doesn't care about individuals, he just moves product as fast as possible.

I wasted most of a riding season cause of this swinging Richard. Dispute the sale as not as described(a running working motor) and get another motor.
And there should be NO reason for that. Like I've said before....I wouldn't buy so much as a washer from them (BGF/luckyearlybird). If I had to resort to buying from them, I'd scrap my bike.

heretolearn

Dec 12, 2011
Texas
Yeah Big ten on that, I wish I would have known about this site I would have asked where to buy from. I paid $188.00 for the 80cc kit and I hear for a few more bucks I could have gotten a better kit some where else.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
You mean you are not going to fix it with the hammer as advised?

If you pound on the shaft enough it will eventually expand enough to grab the clutch.

But probabily not before you drive it right through the motor - :)

I still can't believe he sent you a pic of a big ball peen. Too funny - laff

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If it were me I would try replacing the key first, seems like a-lot of trouble to remove and ship the engine for a 2$ part. Most hardware or auto parts stores should have keys.

gerry9440

Feb 11, 2012
Canada
HELP I ordered a pull start for my 80cc It arrived with NO instructions I found this thing would not attach without binding to the magneto holding screws I removed the washers under these screws,it gave enough clearance for the part to spin freely (the spinner part that bolts to the magneto shaft) Now I find that the nut that holds the spinner has very little thread holding it on(very scary) Has anyone any suggestions before I ruin the motor Gerry